push/pull battery disconnect set up?

termcobra281

Established Member
Hey guys just seeing how you all wired up your cobras for a push/pull battery disconnect set up? I have read different ways people do them but I am trying to keep it nhra legal. I wanna do it once and be done. I am not sure exactly the best way to do it at this point after reading different things. I hear you can fry your ecu if not right when killing the car. Any help would be awesome... thanks in advance.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Hey guys just seeing how you all wired up your cobras for a push/pull battery disconnect set up? I have read different ways people do them but I am trying to keep it nhra legal. I wanna do it once and be done. I am not sure exactly the best way to do it at this point after reading different things. I hear you can fry your ecu if not right when killing the car. Any help would be awesome... thanks in advance.

Check this thread, near the end. I explain and show pictures of how mine is wired.

https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/which-wire-kills-car-via-alternator-wires.1183344/

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
If u relocate ur battery to the trunk make sure u upgrade the wiring to the battery with thicker gauge. Low voltage is an issue sometimes when moving to rear.

DeMartino17

Established Member
ground is obviously ground.

one power wire from the switch to the stud on the fuse box.

one power wire from the switch to the alternator stud.

Use big amp inline fuses. One as close to the battery as possible.

the 2 power wires must be run separate or the car will continue to run when you kill it.

use 0GA or 1GA welding cable.

termcobra281

Established Member
Awesome thanks everyone. I have everything ran just waiting on parts to show up. I talk with a guy at mad who does solenoids and he was all hating on the nhra rules of wiring. He told me it was a big joke and so on.... He said that running the switch on the power side was just nuts! I am thinking about setting it up w/o a killswitch for now and seeing if my track kicks me out. I wont be running any special classes just like to go put some bbc street cars to shame that live around me. I dont care for full time drag related type car. Just want a car I can run alittle. It should run in the high 5s in the 1/8th mile when done so it should be fun.

Users who are viewing this thread