**UPDATED** Potential Problem! | Purple Mattress

CV355

_
Established Member
Let us know how it is once it gets delivered.

Our mattress is so bad now, my wife and I slept on a rock-hard mattress at an inexpensive inn while in New England and got better sleep on that concrete pad than my pillow-top that is permanently conformed to my strangely shaped body.

Plus, Tim&Eric endorsed Purple. They also endorsed Donald Mahanahan's Child Clown Outlet. Hmm

_Snake_

Established Member
78? Holy Hell I'd melt. I'm a very hot sleeper. Have you looked at the Tempur-Pedic Supreme Breeze? I could never dream of going with a Tempur-Pedic because it was like sleeping in an oven but the Supreme Breeze is made to stay cool. I tried it out and it actually works. The bed stays cold as hell. It's a lot of money but I'm considering getting one after I move into my new house.

We have this mattress. Yes, we love it.

hockeylover86

Established Member
Read up on latex mattresses, comes in 4" layers that you specify firmness. I love mine, latex does not break down like foam does. Even the expensive tempur foam ones will sag. Plus with the individual layers you can replace them or move them around in the mattress cover to come up with the feel you want. Also much cheaper.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
My Purple 4 mattress arrived late last night. By the time we got the old mattress pulled out and the new one put in and made up it was pretty late. I must admit when I finally crawled into bed late last night the bed initially felt very soft like a thick pillow top would, but once I spread myself out the feeling was similar to floating on water. The bed felt much cooler than my previous mattress too which was one of my major motivations for switching to a Purple and not going with memory foam. Only got about 4 hours sleep before I had to get up and head to work, but I did sleep well for those 4 hours!

I'll come back and update this thread again once I've gotten a few more sleep cycles in. Plus I need to rail the 'ol lady on it a couple times so I can give it a proper workout! :)

U.M.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Night #2 is in the books and I did something I haven't done in a long time... slept for 8+ hours straight!! I DID NOT want to get of bed this morning because I was just too damn comfortable. I guess my old mattress was much worse than I had thought. Looking at my sleep pattern last night via my Fitbit app shows I had significantly more "Deep Sleep" stages compared to what I had been seeing over the past 6 months.

U.M.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That is good news U.M. Keep us posted over the next few dates with your comments. We are in desperate need of a mattress replacement and I'm interested in your comments.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
After two weeks of using this mattress I'm totally sold! Unless it falls apart before the 100 days are up I won't be calling Purple for a refund.

I've been trying to come up with a more accurate description of how this mattress feels when you lay on it. It's really hard to describe it though... I guess it feels like someone put a thick layer of firm jello on top of a firm coil spring mattress. Although this is the model 4 with 4-inches of their polymer you don't sink that deep into it. This probably won't make sense to some of you, but it reminds me of Jello with an extra package or two of Knox gelatin mixed in. It is really very comfortable and much cooler than a standard mattress.

U.M.

P.S. Their bamboo sheets rock too!

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
After two weeks of using this mattress I'm totally sold! Unless it falls apart before the 100 days are up I won't be calling Purple for a refund.

I've been trying to come up with a more accurate description of how this mattress feels when you lay on it. It's really hard to describe it though... I guess it feels like someone put a thick layer of firm jello on top of a firm coil spring mattress. Although this is the model 4 with 4-inches of their polymer you don't sink that deep into it. This probably won't make sense to some of you, but it reminds me of Jello with an extra package or two of Knox gelatin mixed in. It is really very comfortable and much cooler than a standard mattress.

U.M.

P.S. Their bamboo sheets rock too!
Makes me regret not giving them a try before spending $2k+ on a Sealy memory foam mattress. It's the cool tech one, but I still am always hot unless the air is on or it's under 60* outside.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for the update U.M. I'm going to look deeper into the Purple mattress. We're probably 2-3 months out because we have to finishing re-doing our master bedroom and master bath. The Purple mattress is at the top of my list.

Are you happy you chose the 4" (soft) over the 3" (medium)?

Stanger00

Established Member
This mattress sounds very similar to Serta icomfort mattress line. I bet he purple brand was much cheaper than what I paid for our icomfort. I like this technology a lot with memory foam on top of coils. It feels good even after 3 years of use. We have spun it 180* semi-annually also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This mattress sounds very similar to Serta icomfort mattress line. I bet he purple brand was much cheaper than what I paid for our icomfort. I like this technology a lot with memory foam on top of coils. It feels good even after 3 years of use. We have spun it 180* semi-annually also.

I just compared the two online and a King 4" Purple is comparable in price to the King Serta iComfort Foam Blue Fusion 5000 Cushion Firm Pillow Top.

Stanger00

Established Member
I just compared the two online and a King 4" Purple is comparable in price to the King Serta iComfort Foam Blue Fusion 5000 Cushion Firm Pillow Top.

I just looked up the model I have, Fusion 300, and it's $1,050 at Macy's! I think we spent about 2-2200 for it in 2016. Yuge depreciation, haha.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Are you happy you chose the 4" (soft) over the 3" (medium)?
Yup! I was not entirely sure how soft the 4" would be, but it's not nearly as soft as I had expected.

While the Purple mattress has a coil spring base and a layer of memory foam on top of that, it's the 2, 3, or 4-inch topper made of their Hyper-Elastic Polymer that makes the big difference.

U.M.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
More helpful info U.M. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
The firmer my mattress is, the less back pain I have. Different strokes for different folks. We have a sealy memfoam, and it is their firmest model, which is not firm enough. I hate it with a passion.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
It's funny. When I picked out my Serta, I thought I wanted a firm mattress. I tested all of them and decided I wanted a medium. I have lower back issues too.
I by all means wanted the softest the place had, then we sank to the middle and i couldnt get out well. Needless to say, that didnt happen.

I miss my water bed though with the tubes

BLOWN9646

E85 COBRA
Established Member
The firmer my mattress is, the less back pain I have. Different strokes for different folks. We have a sealy memfoam, and it is their firmest model, which is not firm enough. I hate it with a passion.

Give the Purple 2 a try, I think you'll love it. We just purchased the 2 after deciding between it and the 3, because it is firmer than even the OG purple (and much more comfortable overall).

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Just wanted to revisit this thread and make an update.

Wife and I are still really enjoying our Purple 4. However we learned a valuable lesson this past weekend. If you are a "hot" sleeper like I am you'll want to use the Bamboo sheets Purple offers for their mattresses. Yes they are expensive, but what's $130 for sheets/pillow cases when you just dropped $3600 on a mattress!? We bought a couple sets of these sheets at the same time we ordered the mattress. I've never had material of any type made out of bamboo before, but was told it was the bees knees. We immediately loved the sheets as soon as we took them out of the package. They are very soft and super stretchy with DEEP corner pockets. So we've been swapping between the two sets of sheets since the mattress arrived. Well this past weekend the wife decided to throw an older set of cotton sheets on the bed. That night we both were sweating!! Seems the cotton sheets do not allow air to pass through them and subsequently circulate through the hyper elastic polymer grid inside the mattress! So just a word of caution for all of you hot sleepers looking at trying out one of these newer Purple mattresses. Get the bamboo sheets too!!!!

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread