Purge Help!

machslammer

Established Member
Ok..so I went to the track last night. It was a nice night to run the juice so I thought what the heck, might as well hit it a time or two. So, I get to the line and flip on my nitrous tune, bottle heater, and I flipped my purge switch but nothing happened. The solenoid wasn't even clicking. I turned my interior light on to make sure it was the right button, which it was, and i flipped it again. Still nothing clicked, but all my interior lights dimmed and flickered until I flipped it back off. I run without the juice. I get back over to the pit area, turn the car off, and flip the key back to where the battery is on and flip the purge on and whaa laaa it works again. So again I try to purge at the line and again nothing happens but the lights flickering. After that run I let the car sit for about 10 min and when I start it this time I flipped the purge and it worked, but after a few minutes of the car running, the purge fails again until I turn the car off. What is happening? Is the nitrous putting too much pressure on the purge magnet and not letting it open, or is it pulling too much juice from the battery when the car is running? What? Please help! Thanks in advance!

97cobraheaven

Established Member
mine will do the same sometimes, but i think it is in my wiring and not related to how long the car has been running. i would double check all your wiring first because the purge is pretty basic stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread