Purchased a half breed...

dykzeulb

Established Member
@shurur what did you end up going with for a replacement (stage and your power your putting down)? Ended up getting the ECU issue sorted out today and car is going into tuning hopefully next week to see what power we can safely make out of it at LSXKLR in Bonner Springs KS. Looked into a RAM HD, but reviews seem pretty heavily mixed.

Yeah, regarding the sun comment- unsure if that’s a compliment or not, I’ll just keep doing me and enjoy the car I bought. I get the cobra badging- it’s not going to stay- my intentions still are to find a 6 roller and break a few hearts.

MackDombles

Established Member
Sometimes I remember when I was hanging out with some SRT4 owners and they would literally want to fight you when you called it a neon. Some people on here are so wrapped up in the fact they have something special, that when someone comes in with their pride and joy thats not up to their standards , they feel it their duty to knock you down so theirs is still special. I say good on you. I would honestly rather have a 4k clone than a 25k version that has no real benefit to me other than being able to say yours is real.

I drive a Frankenstein crown vic with the same setup you have including the mach block and manual. It's all blacked out. I get crap for it being a wanna be marauder from the marauder guys. Funny how none of the purists who brag about how quick their marauders are will get on the hwy with me and my old cop car.

That being said, you might want to be careful with the
block if you don't know the build. If it is a stock mach 1 bottom then your compression is over 10.1.
I run 13psi and 93 octane and have a pretty good tune but without knowing your rods and pistons you might not beat on it too hard until you find out. Good luck op. Great score.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

shurur

Established Member
@shurur what did you end up going with for a replacement (stage and your power your putting down)? Ended up getting the ECU issue sorted out today and car is going into tuning hopefully next week to see what power we can safely make out of it at LSXKLR in Bonner Springs KS. Looked into a RAM HD, but reviews seem pretty heavily mixed.

Yeah, regarding the sun comment- unsure if that’s a compliment or not, I’ll just keep doing me and enjoy the car I bought. I get the cobra badging- it’s not going to stay- my intentions still are to find a 6 roller and break a few hearts.

I mean that you have "value-add" quality posts.

I only make 263 RWHP, but wanted a clutch that would last.

I just found that my 1999 intake was never recalled; so picked up a mach 1 intake that will net me 270-275 rwhp.

I'm redoing hoses, vac lines, ac radiator...etc then doing the nasvt recipe one dyno at a time. I'm an NA guy. I eventually want to port the recipe mods over to a stroker or BB stroker.

Also,,you essentially have a terminator with a WAP block. Don't be afraid to post there.
The WAP block is plenty strong, but like was said above, you don't want to go over 6-8 psi until you know it has been forged...that's seems to be the general rule anyway..

Oh..also...make sure you get the rear main seal done when/if you do the clutch!!

Last edited:

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
FWIW the Mach's and Cobras used the same heads and cams. So chances are it's a long block out of a Mach 1. As everyone mentioned I'd be really careful with boost with it. But on the bright side with that compression I bet it has some good throttle response.

Users who are viewing this thread