pulling away from a light when

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
it felt like in the old days when a throttle cable broke. The car would idle but would not rev when I pressed the gas. It will in gear idle along as long as you are on flat ground but that is all it will do. When it first starts up I can rev it one time and that is it.
I have a cheep code reader that shows no codes.
Anyone have this happen?
2013 Coyote in a 91 Fox with an auto.

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Sounds like the car went into limp mode, I had this happen in my car one time which resulted in a wrench coming on the dash and the car barely having any power. In my case I was able to hook up the scanner and clear the code and its been fine since.

Normally, these are associated with throttle body issues, are you running an aftermarket throttle body?

Are you running a drive by wire or cable on your Fox? Im assuming its drive by wire...... if so look over your wiring for the pedal.

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like the car went into limp mode, I had this happen in my car one time which resulted in a wrench coming on the dash and the car barely having any power.

I was going to say same thing. Dirty 02 sensors did it to me. It would come on and off but acted exactly as you describe.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow, that is the forth thing that i have heard that will cause it. I have been told bad gas peddle, bad TPS, bad TB.
I had a buddy with a good scanner plug it up and found 0 codes. Started the car and it would rev and did not act like it had ever had a problem. I hate issues like this. Now I have to drive it and get it to do it again before I can even begin to try to fix it.

Users who are viewing this thread