pullied cobra vs cammed c5 Z

derockgt

Established Member
only mods i know are full exhaust cam and tune. we had a clean run but camera man fail :bash:he took that win by about a car. anyways take in mind this is AZ heat and i shouldnt even have been running IAT2s were 150 before the runs.

60 roll him in 2nd me in 3rd
MOV02638 - YouTube

40 roll (miss 3rd :nonono:)
MOV02635 - YouTube

Mystic03

Established Member
pulled you pretty hard first vid but second looked to be good till you missed 3rd, what part of az is this in?

Last edited:

derockgt

Established Member
pulled you pretty hard first vid but second looked to be good till you missed 3rd, what part of az is this in?

phx yea the first vid was actually our last run out of three, had the most heat soak there. also hes shifting at 7K and was in 2nd that run.

Last edited:

Mystic03

Established Member
phx yea the first vid was actually our last run out of three, had the most heat soak there. also hes shifting at 7K and was in 2nd that run.

damn i refuse to drive my car in phx heat. will only drive up there in winter time heat seriously robs serious power

derockgt

Established Member
damn i refuse to drive my car in phx heat. will only drive up there in winter time heat seriously robs serious power

yeah my cars setup to pull timing starting in the 130s. too hot here, on the local forum here everys like well its hot for the vette too, i understand that but its not making hot air even hotter. i told the vette my cars not running at its best due to heat soak and that i knew the out come and decided to run for the heck of it. by no means was i making excuses or i just wouldnt have ran.

Mystic03

Established Member
yeah my cars setup to pull timing starting in the 130s. too hot here, on the local forum here everys like well its hot for the vette too, i understand that but its not making hot air even hotter. i told the vette my cars not running at its best due to heat soak and that i knew the out come and decided to run for the heck of it. by no means was i making excuses or i just wouldnt have ran.

ls1's run better in the heat..ive seen several ls1's down here make more power on the dyno the more runs they do lol

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
I still dont think Mike said 3. Lol. Mention IATs here and everyone agrees. Mention it on AZFT and your a fool.. Funny how that works huh.

derockgt

Established Member
I still dont think Mike said 3. Lol. Mention IATs here and everyone agrees. Mention it on AZFT and your a fool.. Funny how that works huh.

haha so true, im never gonna here the end of it on AZFT, i guess they dont get the concept with FI cars generating more heat. but yea on the one run it looks like he gets a slight jump but it really wouldnt have mattered he still would have the pull. it is what it is, waiting to see how it goes in cooler weather.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
FYI, you can go to 60 in 2nd! 60 in 3rd sucks for a stock geared cobra. Try to run him again and go down 60 in 2nd and hopefully you have tires that hook.

derockgt

Established Member
watched vid again.. 2.5-3 cars he pulled you by

yeah in the run when i was in 3rd and he was in 2nd. the other run we did which wasn't filmed he got me by a car and a half. just look at the 40 roll vid where i was right there till i missed a gear. is it that hard to believe i only lost by car and a half. guess people cant read good on this board your the second person to say that. just re-read the first post is it that hard to figure out?

Last edited:

96GT/SC

Ford Fan
Established Member
haha so true, im never gonna here the end of it on AZFT, i guess they dont get the concept with FI cars generating more heat.

Lol yeah they dont get you have a piece of heat soaking metal sitting on your engine not a plastic manifold. Just run him again in the winter and show them the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread