pullied cobra vs 2015 m3,m4, blown e92 m3, stock m5

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
My mods, 2.76 pulley, catless, 60lb injectors, jon lund tune, supportin mods.
Stock 2015 m3
tuned 2015 m4
vts-625 blown m3 e92 2013 (close friend of mine)

So I had some organized racing fun today. I was excited because in our group where we met up was a supercharged e92 m3 that supposedly supposed to put down 625 hp.... It's fast, but not 625 fast. Then we have the new m3 and m4. Followed by a pretty much stock c5 zo6 and a 2011 5.0
I'm going to concentrate my story about the bmws because I could easily beat the domestics. I started off with the m4. Holy balls it is beautiful and pretty fast. First race I got rrrraaaapped. 20 roll I was in 2nd he was in first. We went to the top of 3rd and he has a whole car maybe even more on me. So I felt but hurt because I didn't think I belonged. We paired up again 2-3 times at 45-50 rolls and we were pretty much neck and neck but I was inching! If we could make it into fourth I biasly believe I could have pulled away but the traffic doesn't allow much faster than 100. With the new m3 similar story but it was hard to get even runs with this guy because he would miss honks or start early or I would miss 3rd, but I could tell IMO that I could gain on him. Overall these cars are bad ass starting from low speeds. They hook and pull hard. Their transmissions are geared properly and have the ability to shift quick. They are both getting a tune intake and exhaust and down pipe and when that happens I would love to see how they would compare to you twin screw guys. My advice is don't get too cocky lol.
As for my friends supercharged m3 we only did highway runs. We would go back and fourth. If we did 3rd gear pulls I can stay tied or pull up front by a no more of half car. If we go from second gear, he will have me by half car to 3/4 of a car at 120. Both of us by that time were heat soaked. Shit screams and is fun! His shit pulls hard and I will state that it's faster than mine, the downside for him is that he shifts far more often, and his peak power is right at the top of the gear. Once he shifts I slowly come back forward but in the end I will say his car is faster.
Bonus!:
On the way home I played with a ~2008 m5 stock. Dude didn't listen to my horns and would get the jump. Pretty much the same speed as heat soaked me but they were sloppy ass runs. Still a blast though. I got the m4's number so if we ever want to organize something the guy seemed pretty ecstatic about testing out his new toy.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Nice runs, sounds like a blast. I really like the new M3/4 cars. What kind of tire are you on? At 20mph I'm in first gear on my MTs. The car squats and dead hooks.

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
18x10 rims and 295/35 nito nto5's
First is a really hard gear. I spend too much time in it trying not to slip.

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Sounds like fun! If I did a 20 mph roll I'd still stay in first gear. Yes I'll be spinning, but shift a little early and the rpm's are still higher than starting out in second gear at 20 mph.

kaz109

Established Member
AHHH I want a E92 bad!!!! That or a Boss 302..Not a fan of the F80's. Good runs btw

Jmurrz

Established Member
New M3/M4 is one hell of a car. I work at a BMW dealership and I drove the new M4 expecting it to be like the previous e92 M3, I was dead wrong! I blew the tires off in first gear (unexpectedly), hooked second and it just started pulling! The shifts are so fast and crisp the only hint you get that you actually shifted is the "Crack" from the exhaust. I agree with the OP, would love to see a full bolt on/tune car run a twin screw.

Beetle6986

Established Member
I'm surprised the M3 and M4 could keep up with you. Their 1/4 times and traps were in the range of a stock Cobra. They are awesome looking cars.

kaz109

Established Member
I'm surprised the M3 and M4 could keep up with you. Their 1/4 times and traps were in the range of a stock Cobra. They are awesome looking cars.

M4's are a low 12 sec car while a stock cobra is a high 12 sec car....I wouldn't call the the same "range" of times

kaz109

Established Member
New M3/M4 is one hell of a car. I work at a BMW dealership and I drove the new M4 expecting it to be like the previous e92 M3, I was dead wrong! I blew the tires off in first gear (unexpectedly), hooked second and it just started pulling! The shifts are so fast and crisp the only hint you get that you actually shifted is the "Crack" from the exhaust. I agree with the OP, would love to see a full bolt on/tune car run a twin screw.

So you expected a low displacement high revving V8 and a twin turbo 6cyl to drive/feel the same?? lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
The new M4/M3's are in the 120~ trap speed running low 12's with high 11's soon becoming a reality, you must be confusing yourself with the older M3's.
So you expected a low displacement high revving V8 and a twin turbo 6cyl to drive/feel the same?? lol
To his defense, he probably didn't know they changed engines.

Anyways, awesome run's OP! Now I have to take my Cobra to the next level. Considering what good ol buddy Terry said that his beta tuned ONLY M4 felt like a mid to high 120 trap speed car, I would say he will hurt some twin screw owners feelings as well. That new tranny on the M3/M4 is something to not take lightly!

Benz_tech

Kinda Lost
Established Member
The m4 owner just hit me up. He's running partially e85, so he said e40. Increases the psi again from 22 to 25 psi. He should take
The win now from a freeway roll on my pullied cobra. Buttttt my 2.3 tvs is on it's way in the mail ;)

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

Jmurrz

Established Member

I should have clarified, I meant only in terms of power was I expecting it to be like the previous M3. By that I mean nothing crazy, a "fast car" by most people's standards, but not a FAST car like the new models. This was before I learned that the power was bumped... a lot.

kaz109

Established Member
I should have clarified, I meant only in terms of power was I expecting it to be like the previous M3. By that I mean nothing crazy, a "fast car" by most people's standards, but not a FAST car like the new models. This was before I learned that the power was bumped... a lot.

The power wasn't bumped a lot..the torque was.

Beetle6986

Established Member
M4's are a low 12 sec car while a stock cobra is a high 12 sec car....I wouldn't call the the same "range" of times

I didn't realize they were that quick. Looks like they do have a few mph over a stock cobra trap. So what is their secret? Those are excellent times for 425 HP.

Users who are viewing this thread