• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Pulley

Discussion in 'Engine/Tuning' started by JCarmichael84, Aug 3, 2013.

1. JCarmichael84

JCarmichael84 New Member Established Member

Is this good or not?
    So I was looking for an idler set and I have a couple questions. I did some searches but didn't find any answers.
    My first question is do I get the 90mm or 100mm? I understand with the 100mm idlers there is more surface area on the pulley but is that really it and worth it? I don't want to have to buy a new belt.
    Also I was looking at billetflow and divisionx, what do you guys recommend? I noticed the divisionx has dual ball bearing, is this necessary?
    Sorry that was more than a couple questions. I have a 2.9 whipple with 3.5 pulley and all other pulleys are stock.
    [​IMG]

2. nevik

nevik New Member Established Member

Did you ever get an answer to this question? I have been wondering the same question because I have a stock cobra and want to get rid of the stock idler pulleys with the billetflow 4 pc set, but don't want to have to buy a new belt. Any help would be great.

3. RedfireSVT

RedfireSVT Active Member Established Member

why don't you want to get a new belt? the stock idlers are known to fail so replacing them is a good idea. i have had the billetflow version on my car since 06' and i love them. the 100mm idler gives you better belt wrap to prevent slippage.

2003-04 MUSTANG COBRA SNUB IDLER & IDLER PULLEY 4 PIECE KIT

4. nevik

nevik New Member Established Member

Just one of those things where if it's not broke why fix it kind of mentality. Ultimately I will if I have to. I purchased that 4 pc idler kit and now looking at my options. I find it crazy that you can't run it with the stock supercharger pulley and have to go with a 2.93 or 2.76.

So if I have read correctly I can install the 4 pc idler set and a 2.76 pulley and run my stock length belt? I think that is the route I'm going to go. I want to max out the stock blower and fuel system at this point. Not trying to threadjack here either.

5. specizripn

specizripn Member Established Member

I'm pretty sure you can pick up a new belt for like $35, they aren't that expensive