pulley swap on pro-charger

Manny"5.0

Established Member
thoughts on pulley swap with paxton 2200 on a 2014 gt? right i have a 3.8 and would like to get a little more out of my charger without hurting it.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Should be able to google max blower rpm then a blower rpm calculator. Put in crank pulley diameter, blower pulley diameter and max motor rpm

Manny"5.0

Established Member
I really don’t know I installed the kit that came from American muscle. It was a 2200 Paxton kit with a 3.8 pulley. I recently picked up the motor where I had all forged internals installed. And I want to increase the boost with out hurting the charger

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

F8LBITE

4xPerformanceParts
Established Member
I really don’t know I installed the kit that came from American muscle. It was a 2200 Paxton kit with a 3.8 pulley. I recently picked up the motor where I had all forged internals installed. And I want to increase the boost with out hurting the charger

Hey Manny. What injectors / fuel pump/ bap do you have? You can do the 3.6 pulley and a 100" HD belt if you have enough fuel supply. You'll need to move the idler location for the belt fitment.

Manny"5.0

Established Member
I went with ID1050, snow performance rails and dual fuel pumps withhead I did fore innovations fc3 controller also an innovators west harmonic balance. Would a 3.3 be pushing it

PC03GT

Established Member
I went with ID1050, snow performance rails and dual fuel pumps withhead I did fore innovations fc3 controller also an innovators west harmonic balance. Would a 3.3 be pushing it

3.3 on a stock gen1 coyote you'll blow the motor to pieces. You might be able to get away with a 3.6 or 3.47, but you're probably most definitely have to be on e85 and get the car re tuned

Manny"5.0

Established Member
I have everything for return style fuel and gonna tune for 85, I built the motor to handle it I was wondering if anyone knew if the pro charger would handle it, I tried digging info to find anything about how small the pulley can be without damaging the charger.

PC03GT

Established Member
I have everything for return style fuel and gonna tune for 85, I built the motor to handle it I was wondering if anyone knew if the pro charger would handle it, I tried digging info to find anything about how small the pulley can be without damaging the charger.

It's a paxton, and yes it will be fine. Go with the 3.33 if your motor is built. It will definitely wake that blower up

Last edited:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

Race Calculators

the calculator isnt loading for me but there are plenty out there, this page does have blower max rpms though

thats bc pulley size doesnt really tell the story - you need blower pulley size, crank pulley size and max engine rpm.

Users who are viewing this thread