Pulley install and removal needed!

Woody6799

Established Member
Can someone do a write up on how to pull and swap all the idler pulleys to the 3- 100 and 1-92 please. All the ones that I have found no longer have the pictures uploaded.... I figure it should be pretty straight forward but just want to make sure I am headed the right direction.

For curiosity sake I am planning on doing all the idlers with a 4# metco lower. (I already found the Metco Lower how to)

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
I think this is what you are looking for.

where-they-go.jpg

AbrahamSVT03

Established Member
Need this information too , Anyone has a tutorial ? of how to install the 4 set of pulleys and the routing serpentine belt ??

Thanks !!:banana:

JrSVT

Established Member
Its not rocket surgery....

Where there is a smooth pulley, replace it with a 90mm. Follow the instructions for the Aux idler and snub bracket.

The best thing to do is take a picture with your cell phone of the belt configuration BEFORE you start tearing everything apart. Then when you're ready to install the belt go back to the picture for reference.

As far as torque specs of the idlers when installing them. I always used the "German Virgin" torque spec....good-n-tight.

Jr.

Tractionless1

Established Member
Its not rocket surgery....

Where there is a smooth pulley, replace it with a 90mm. Follow the instructions for the Aux idler and snub bracket.

The best thing to do is take a picture with your cell phone of the belt configuration BEFORE you start tearing everything apart. Then when you're ready to install the belt go back to the picture for reference.

As far as torque specs of the idlers when installing them. I always used the "German Virgin" torque spec....good-n-tight.

Jr.

I prefer the tighten till the bolt breaks then back off 1/4 turn torque method. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread