Pulley combo

Johnferris

Established Member
Hey guys getting my supercharger ported this winter along with many other mods. Hoping to get 500+. I have the 2.76 upper now. I've been told my many people that I should do a lower pulley with this. But I talked to steg and other porting companies and they told me not to bc the eaton will run out of boost and the motor will be on the edge. Anyone have any experience of problems with the lower? Or have an opinion on the 4lb or 2 lb kit. Thanks a lot

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
The best combo I've heard with a ported eaton is a 2.93 upper 4lb lower. Posi had a bunch of info on this.

Woody6799

Established Member
I was going to do the 2.93 and a 4# lower, but decided against the crank pulley after reading some of the pros and cons on here... If I were you I would run a 2.76 upper only and save for a blower upgrade. My 2.76 and steg IV landed me at 485/454 and is plenty of fun until I can move to a TVS. Take the $400 you would spend on a lower and put it aside. Pick up a 2.3 for 2700 or so and no more worries.

Johnferris

Established Member
Thanks guys thinking about leaning towards the 4# lower. With the 2.76 upper since I already have that upper on the car now.

SVTJPENA92

BLKSN8K
Established Member
I'm currently running 2.76 with idler kit Billetflow and I just bought a 4# Metco lower. I'm getting ready to port my blower and install my lower for more horses. Hopefully I hit over 500 with supporting mods as we'll. Goodluck on your setup!

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
I just did 530/550 with a 2.8 upper 4# lower on e85. The lower is definitely worth it. The lower will give you the torque, not so much the hp. Yes in the upper rpms you will start to drop boost. That is because the 4v motors start to suck more air than the little eaton can move. Mine peaks at just under 18, and drops to about 13 after 5500 rpm. Hence why guys with lowers usually make the same hp as the upper only guys. However guys will a low make way more torque. Imo add the lower, you wont be dissapointed.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
2.95 upper 6lb lower on e85 with a killer chiller 550 to the wheels

This seems to be the go to for e85. I'm running a 2.93/4# right now on 93 without the chiller. I have a 6# but judging by my IAT2s I would want e85 or I wouldn't gain much due to having to back my timing down a bit.

For this reason I would personally run a 2.76/2# over the 4# unless you live in a cooler area with good cooling mods, or on e85. Just never seemed worth adding the 2psi if you have to retard the timing, barely make gains, and heatsoak even faster.

There is a comparison on ModFords by BADASS03SVT at the track that the 2.93/6# was about equal to the 2.93/4# (comparable to 2.76/2#or4#). Really start to hit diminishing gains at that level, and this was on a Posi port (arguably peaks highest RPM of all ports)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread