Pulley/chip 1/8 track times.

Silver 03 Cobra

My first time at the track with my 03 I stunk up the place and gave a lot of Chevy boys some confidence the 03 was over rated. I've made a few mods since my first few passes. But, I think I'm learning how to get off the line and shift. The track is Wilkesboro Raceway Park at about 2500 feet in ele. The humidity was very bad because a storm had passed by about 45 minutes before the track opened. The track is also known as one that is very hard to hook up on and get good times. I started out running close to 88 mph and low 8.2's. People were coming up and looking my car over really good. It was getting a lot of attention. I let is sit and cool for about an hour. My first pass after I let it cool was 8.10 at 90.12 mph. People were coming up and saying this is a 7 second car on street tires.

Time+Slip.jpg

SB 03

Established Member
very nice times, especially 60 ft. are those on stock tires? whats your launch technique

Silver 03 Cobra

I was on the stock tires with 26 psi. I launched at 2500 rpm and I slipped the clutch just right for a change.

mosconiac

Established Member
I've forgotten the rule of thumb for estimating 1/4 mile performance from 1/8 mile time slips.

What would you guess you would run in the 1/4?

Your 60' is right up there with the best. Every 1.9x I've seen was the result of slipping the clutch at somewhere around 2500rpm with 26-28psi in the tires. Good job.

Last edited:

Silver 03 Cobra

I've seen posts where people estimated it but I don't know the conversion factor. I thought I had one of the best ET's I've seen. I know I have seen some trap speeds at 92-93 maybe more but I forgot their ET's. Seem like they were in the 8.2 range. I looked at the JDM time slip post in the post they have for their Stage I kit and they had around 7.8 ET at around 91 plus at Bristol Motor Speeday. I feel like I can do a little better especially on a track that is known for good times. There aren't any 1/4 mile tracks close by. My best best bet would be Bristol, Darlington or Rockingham.

jtfx6552

Established Member
Not sure what the etiquette is here. I don't want to brag about me, but I do want to brag about the '03 Cobra.

I had three 7.XXX 1/8 mile passes Wednesday night (at a lower elevation track then you were at ), on a night where we had a record high that day. The LOW was supposed to go down to 80, and the radio on the way home said it was 80 something.

The '03 is a beast. I thought Wednesday at Cecil would be a light turn out (since it was 98 at 6:30 pm), but it was relatively full. I didn't see any late model cars running anything like the '03. There was a whole bevy of F-bodies and every run that I saw (granted not all of each of their runs) was least a second off of the '03.

I am not sure if it was because of my '03 or not, but a new F-Body that appeared in perfect running order that was paired up with me, actually backed out of the staging lanes. I saw from the return road that he did go down two cars later??? A little '03 itis? Can't know for sure, but it sure looked like it.

My slips are at the bottom of the page on:
http://users.rcn.com/drfunky/

I must be using the image tag wrong, I can't seem to put the slip right in the post? Anyone have any hints?

JT

Users who are viewing this thread