Pulled beef

oldmodman

Established Member
What cut are you starting with. I like to take really crappy beef and rub it down with Pappy's Rub. Then I smoke it slow on a regular Webber kettle using the "worm" method Beef comes out just fantastic and the worm method really does a good job of keeping the coal heat even. Sometimes I mop and sometimes I don't.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Smoke it or don't even waste your time. Why? Regardless if one does it in the slow cooker, roaster or whatever, it generally has the same taste. Smoker gives it that unique flavor.

oldmodman

Established Member
Yeah.
When I first read about the snake I didn't think it could possibly work.
But it did. The first time you will spend a lot of time getting the air vents adjusted just right. You might want to do a 'test run' without the chance of ruining a nice piece of beef. When I found the amount to open the vent I made a scratch mark for each temperature. Now I just match up the lines and light it up. Just make sure that you are using the same charcoal and the same number of briquets each time or it won't be the same.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had never heard of the snake method either, but I can quickly see why it works so well. It's a bit of work to get it right, as Drew pointed out, but the results speak for themselves. I don't grill/barbecue nearly as much as many others, but this grilling season I'm going to try this method.

By the way, since the smoker method was mentioned, here is a good article explaining the differences/benefits of smoking, grilling and barbecuing.
http://www.spicesinc.com/p-3643-difference-between-smoking-barbecuing-and-grilling.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread