Public Enemies.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
It has been said. There was a thread started back when the previews first came out. I thought it looked boring to begin with.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
It has been said. There was a thread started back when the previews first came out. I thought it looked boring to begin with.

It's certainly not boring...but there was just no real story build up to speak of, and then it just ends...

But it may be good practice for the Depp-Bale duo that will surely (hopefully) oppose each other in the next Batman.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I enjoy Bale and Depp as actors but the preview made it seem like less of an action thriller but more of a love story, character study.

DHG BULLITT

Try to find Mr. Warren G
Established Member
I enjoy Bale and Depp as actors but the preview made it seem like less of an action thriller but more of a love story, character study.

If it was meant to be a love story it fails horribly.

There is a lot of shooting though :beer:

juliet2kg

Established Member
Previews looked pretty good to me. I've always been a Bale fan.... even saw The Machinist. Horrrrrrrible movie. But he's redeemed himself.

juliet2kg

Established Member
WHAT!!!!!!!!! The Machinist was a great movie, weird but great nonetheless.

Really??? What about Harsh Times??
The Machinist was different... I just felt there wasn't much of a climax/resolution. Harsh Times was just wierdly unrealistic, IMO.

canibus

Established Member
Really??? What about Harsh Times??
The Machinist was different... I just felt there wasn't much of a climax/resolution. Harsh Times was just wierdly unrealistic, IMO.

harsh times was just retarded. I still to this day don't know why bale did it. It just doesn't match his portfolio. It wasn't a completely terrible movie, but it just wasn't up to bale's standards.

badazzar15

Banned
Harsh Times was retarded? That movie is awesome. Bale is a crazy mofo in that movie.

Regardless, I didn't have high hopes for Public Enemies. The film quality, lighting, etc all seemed low budget, thats a big deal IMO. Film quality can make or break a film in some situations

Last edited:

03_SVT_Freak

Stirring the pot :D
Established Member
Harsh Times was retarded? That movie is awesome. Bale is a crazy mofo in that movie.

Regardless, I didn't have high hopes for Public Enemies. The film quality, lighting, etc all seemed low budget, thats a big deal IMO. Film quality can make or break a film in some situations

budget dont mean anything. there have been plenty of low budget films.

lokslikasolstic

Mrs. 203Cree
Established Member
Saw it and was somewhat diasppointed. It felt like a love story to me (not a good one) and didn't have nearly enough interaction between Bale and Depp. I will say they both did some good acting as per usual, but the story left things flat. And it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay to long for the storyline, I got bored half way thru. If you haven't seen it yet and want to, I suggest waiting until it comes out on DVD.

GodStang

Established Member
MY wife wants to go see it today. She is a Depp Bale fan. SO I Was hoping it would be good.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Well, that's disappointing to hear. One of my favorite actors in a movie set in my favorite era, sucking...oh well, they can't all be masterpieces.

terrible one

American Made
Established Member
harsh times was just retarded. I still to this day don't know why bale did it. It just doesn't match his portfolio. It wasn't a completely terrible movie, but it just wasn't up to bale's standards.

I loved Harsh Times! and American Psycho, I enjoy Bale but havent really liked him in anything lately. Terminator was the dumbest movie ever and I'm still pissed about it, and Ledger obvioulsy stole the show in TDK.

I'm not sure if I'll watch public enemies

canibus

Established Member
I'm surprised all of you guys like harsh times. Maybe i'll watch it again but it just didn't seem that good. Especially with eva longoria trying to act, god she's terrible. American psycho is a classic. Even though i didn't fully understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread