PTE 6266 vs 6766 or....

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Just bought a set of gen 2 6266 for my CG fab twin kit. Now I'm wondering if I should of gone bigger like a 6766. Goal is 1200+. It's Mainly a street car and I do half mile roll racing. Stick shift too.

Thanks!

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
Just keep the 6266's you should hit your goal with them. I vote for the gen2 6466's if you really wanted to go bigger.

AznPrswayzn

Established Member
Agreed. I'd hold on to them 6266's are good for 700+whp a piece. 6466's 800+whp each and 6766's possibly ~900whp each. The 6266's should easily get you to your goal and will spool faster

Juiced46

I love being Blown
Established Member
You will most likely need more RPM for that type of power. The 67s may be too much @ only 7,000 RPMs. Depends on some other things like cams/phasing etc.

Tony (Blk_03) runs the 6466s on a standard stroke 4.6, turbos 8,000 RPMs and traps in the 170s

04cobrawhine

Established Member
You will most likely need more RPM for that type of power. The 67s may be too much @ only 7,000 RPMs. Depends on some other things like cams/phasing etc.

Tony (Blk_03) runs the 6466s on a standard stroke 4.6, turbos 8,000 RPMs and traps in the 170s

I could spin in higher if I wanted to as the valve train and bottom end are built to take it, I was just thinking of keeping it lower for a reliability stand point. Should also point out its a half mile/full mile car. It will maybe see the drag strip once or twice if that.

Talking to PTE they said it's very easy to turn the 6266 into a 6466 so if need be I can go that route. The 6766 is totally different (again, all according to the PTE rep I spoke to)

s351

Established Member
Lots of people make this mistake, they want a street car to be a race car but what ends up happening is, it's not good at either. Your going to need to spin that motor pretty hard to make that, and when this happens parts break, I hope your budget allows for lots of breakage, it seems when you get over the 1000+ mark, there's a ton more maintenance and money required.

04cobrawhine

Established Member
Lots of people make this mistake, they want a street car to be a race car but what ends up happening is, it's not good at either. Your going to need to spin that motor pretty hard to make that, and when this happens parts break, I hope your budget allows for lots of breakage, it seems when you get over the 1000+ mark, there's a ton more maintenance and money required.

Money isn't really a big issue. Things break, they get fixed, it's a cycle. I'll be lucky if nothing breaks in 1 summer and I'm anticipating that. If I wanted something that didn't break, the eaton would be on it lol. But I totally get what your saying and you're 100% correct.

s351

Established Member
Cheers man , I'm kinda doing the same thing I keep adding more and more power, and it's already too much for the street, and it's strictly a street car. But the more I do this the more comforts are going out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread