PT6766 vs. Comp 6767

Venomous 03

Established Member
Anybody have any experience with Comp Turbos?
I initially got some BW s472s but then changed my mind and wanted something more streetable so i put those aside for a future project.
I picked up journal bearing 6766's but wanted to get some feedback on the comp 6767.
They seem to go hand in hand.
The billet center section and triple ceramic bearing system is what really gets my attention simce theyre significantly lighter.

I did notice a couple threads from other sites and couple videos of Comp turbo failures.
But i also remember back when Precision started doing their own turbos instead of garret based ones,they had failures as well.
Any thoughts?

03Cobranator

Established Member
Comp and Precision Journal Bearing turbos both suck a lot. Their BB turbos are fine, though. Personally, I would rock the 6766's, just upgrade to BB so they'll actually live. I have no experience with the comp 6767, but I cant see it being much better, I think they'll be a little laggy.

Last edited:

Venomous 03

Established Member
Comp and Precision Journal Bearing turbos both suck a lot. Their BB turbos are fine, though. Personally, I would rock the 6766's, just upgrade to BB so they'll actually live. I have no experience with the comp 6767, but I cant see it being much better, I think they'll be a little laggy.

I think youre just biased towards precision.
Thanks but thats not the questions i was asking.
I was looking for people with experience with comp turbos.

03Cobranator

Established Member
I think youre just biased towards precision.
Thanks but thats not the questions i was asking.
I was looking for people with experience with comp turbos.

I am actually a Garrett Fanboy :D Also, I do have experience with Comps older cast stuff and newer Oil-Less Turbo's, which I like. There is really a lack of info out there for the 6767. Both Turbo's are extremely similar, the Comp will be a little laggy compared too the Ball Bearing 6766 and wont really shine with power until its cranked up a bit, which seems to be normal for Comp Turbo's. Since you have Journal Bearing 6766's, the little difference in spool will probably be cancelled out due to the whole BB/JB thing.

Comps Oil-Less Turbo's are doing well, and I also have a few SFWD Buddies who are rocking some of their new bigger turbos with no issues. I would rock a Ball Bearing 6767 before a precision Journal Bearing, in regards to reliability.

Just a thought, another fantastic turbo is the FP3794. It will spool just a few 100rpm slower then the 6766, but will make more power on both lower and higher boost. Their BB and JB Turbo's are very reliable.

Last edited:

Venomous 03

Established Member
I am actually a Garrett Fanboy :D Also, I do have experience with Comps older cast stuff and newer Oil-Less Turbo's, which I like. There is really a lack of info out there for the 6767. Both Turbo's are extremely similar, the Comp will be a little laggy compared too the Ball Bearing 6766 and wont really shine with power until its cranked up a bit, which seems to be normal for Comp Turbo's. Since you have Journal Bearing 6766's, the little difference in spool will probably be cancelled out due to the whole BB/JB thing.

Comps Oil-Less Turbo's are doing well, and I also have a few SFWD Buddies who are rocking some of their new bigger turbos with no issues. I would rock a Ball Bearing 6767 before a precision Journal Bearing, in regards to reliability.

Just a thought, another fantastic turbo is the FP3794. It will spool just a few 100rpm slower then the 6766, but will make more power on both lower and higher boost. Their BB and JB Turbo's are very reliable.

Oh there you go.this is what i was looking for.
I think ill go to the 6767 then.
BB 6766s are nice but over 2k per turbo,no thanks.
Ill look into garrett aswell.thanks

Users who are viewing this thread