#psi# What TP on BFGs? #psi#

What Tire Pressure for BFG Drag Radials (295 - 18"s)

• <14

Votes: 9 13.8%

Votes: 6 9.2%

Votes: 16 24.6%

Votes: 7 10.8%

Votes: 6 9.2%

Votes: 12 18.5%

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • >19

Votes: 8 12.3%

• Total voters

1of2000

Recently Blown
Established Member
Who can tell me from experience what TIRE PRESSURE I should be running my 18" BFG g-force Drag Radials at??

I have heard 14-19, but has anyone actually done the burnouts and checked the contact patch? What is the right number? Do you run different pressure on street and track, or just leave it the same?

Vote and post your details please!!!

RJM03Cobra

10 second snake
Established Member
I ran mine at 12 psi for the best 60 foots, as they broke in they actually wrinkled the sidewall, they looked flat but ran great, no change in top speed and no wagging the tail

1of2000

Recently Blown
Established Member
Miamifan1354 said:
I run 12 in my 315 BFGs..

Damn. 12! and I assume you have a good contact patch? That seems soo low. I still don't know what to run.

Since 1964

Established Member
I have raced with 20 down to 16. Barely tell the difference. I run them at 35 for the street, and 30 if I want extra traction at low speeds, but highway I don't like them low, and I don't like them at all compared to a street tire.

I like the hook, I always got pretty good hooks but as of late I just had to try MT's. I have them, now I just need to get out there.

silvercoffin

Established Member

I changed from 19 down to 16lbs and stiffened up my qa1s from to 6 and I am finally back to 1.7 60fts since adding exhaust and CAI thats on the stock tires though. 275 40 17

blwn2kgt

Established Member
Since1964 said:
I have raced with 20 down to 16. Barely tell the difference. I run them at 35 for the street, and 30 if I want extra traction at low speeds, but highway I don't like them low, and I don't like them at all compared to a street tire.

I like the hook, I always got pretty good hooks but as of late I just had to try MT's. I have them, now I just need to get out there.

I have the BFG's 315's on the highway they feel sloppy comapred to the streets i run 40 psi and hot inflated 19psi at the track im thinking of going lower though! BFG recomends no less than 12 COLD but you better re inflate them before leaving the track or the tire will be ruined!

blwn2kgt

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
im down to 15 now! hookin like a sonofabitch

damn i need some practice im not even close to a 1.70 60' time I just went below 2 just two weeks ago....great driving 1.70 on 275's is a real feat!!!
:bowdown:

silvercoffin

Established Member
nahh

thanks but with my car its not that hard. especially since i got QA1s andt he snubber. I dont think the IRS Brace or axles do much to launch better. I am pretty sure I should be doing better. Everyone I know that has bigger tires on their car...bigger or wider street tires or wider drag radials isnt doing any better, unless they are running slicks.

blwn2kgt

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
thanks but with my car its not that hard. especially since i got QA1s andt he snubber. I dont think the IRS Brace or axles do much to launch better. I am pretty sure I should be doing better. Everyone I know that has bigger tires on their car...bigger or wider street tires or wider drag radials isnt doing any better, unless they are running slicks.

Well truthfully I havent spoken to many guys who have done better one guy i met at E-TOWN this past wednesday said his best is 1.69. I would be thrilled to be that good i'm prolly going to Island this Friday to see what I can do but right now thats the only thing im workin on is my launch im kinda new to the game. I have a totally stock rear however im getting read to mount the snubber now it just came in the mail. :bash:

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member

Oh cool :rockon:

I am hoping for a 1.65 or better 60ft but just with the cooler weather I think I have a good chance of seeing 11.4s! I would love to run a 11.49 so I could be repremanded once again by the etown officials haha

blwn2kgt

Established Member
silvercoffin said:
Oh cool :rockon:

I am hoping for a 1.65 or better 60ft but just with the cooler weather I think I have a good chance of seeing 11.4s! I would love to run a 11.49 so I could be repremanded once again by the etown officials haha

lmao damn small world Jason im the dude that you were talking to last week at E-Town I think. Well tomorrow looks rained out to me but i'll be going to Island on Friday night. I remeber we were standing around and you were telling the young lady how you wanted her to have to yell at you lol.

Stephen

silvercoffin

Established Member
oh

HAha cool

Yeah her name is Faith and she's been working at etown for a a while.. The tower had her write "RUn 11s again and your done" in big letters all over a time slip a few years ago when you werent allowed to run 11s without a roll bar.... Then after running too many lousy 12 sec passes this season...especially in the heat...Deb from the tower came done recently put her arm around me and said "Someone has told you that you can run 11s now right?" SO the big joke is when will I run a 11.49 so Faith can get on my case again... hmmmmi wonder how old she is

blwn2kgt

Established Member
Yeah they seem real nice and it was cool meeting you hope to see you there again maybe next wednesday im going to LVD the following weds the 14th i reckon this friday im going to island. I found out that part of my launching difficulties stem from my tire gauge can you imagine....the damn thing was off by 15lbs so last wedsnesday when i thought i had 15psi in the DR's i really had 30psi!!! Also i installed the line loc as u suggested and have the pinion snubber on my desk waiting for a decent day to install it. The only piece im really concerned with now is the brace and the QA1 adjustables. BTW where did you get your QA1's from??? Anyway thanks for the help i think im going to do much better now that i have the right psi in the tires and i can heat them sufficiently. Hope to see ya on the strip!!

kilroy