Prototype to Reality | Livernois Tuned Vortech 2021+ Coyote F-150

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Prototype to Reality | Livernois Tuned Vortech 2021+ Coyote F-150

Untitled.jpg

A few months ago we stopped in to visit Livernois Motorsports for a little dyno session with our Bronco Raptor. While nosing around the back lot we notice a conspicuously placed 2021 F-150 with a little something extra hiding behind the grill. Turns out that Dan and the tuning crew at Livernois had been helping Vortech Superchargers develop their kit for the 2021+ 5.0L powered F-150.

It's no secret that tuning on these newer Ford trucks have been completely locked down since they were released (this only recently changed). Livernois was one of the very few companies that had cracked the code and could tune the ECUs. That lead Vortech to turn to Livernois to help develop the tuning for their new blower kit. The truck we spotted behind the shop had a prototype tune on it that was currently being tested. Check it out:

We have been holding back that video for a few months because I didn't want to spoil the reveal for Livernois. However, they just released their final dyno numbers and and a video to go along with it. They are squeezing out 532HP and 497 lb-ft to the wheels (50 State Legal), which are solid numbers from the somewhat hobbled F-150 Gen IV Coyote. More than just the power though, this thing sounds wicked. Check it out:

-SID297

Last edited:

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Great news there. I am glad to see the F150 5.0 getting another FI option that may be a bit less expensive than the Whipple kits.

I especially like it since my next vehicle will be a F150 with a 5.0 and with a supercharger on it I won't have to listen to the Ecoboost guys saying how much better their engine choice was.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
cool they can do it, don't think I could bring myself to put a centri on a truck though.

That head unit location looks like loads of fun for belt changes, hopefully on mild boost belt's aren't much of an issue, doesnt look like much pulley wrap from the top side though.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Very impressive power/torque. Hats off to Livernois! A lot of newer F-150 owners are smiling over this news.

q6543

Established Member
At the end when he's talking about the YSI and "more of a race thing" I'd like to know more.

I think this is super disappointing... don't gen 3s make 500rwhp plus with Cj intake, headers, E85.

I get it's on a crippling 50 state emissions tune, but 530 to the wheels out of 7-8lbs of boost seems like a pretty big miss.

Show us what the darn thing can do, no reason for it not to be in the 700s like a gen3 would.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
At the end when he's talking about the YSI and "more of a race thing" I'd like to know more.

I think this is super disappointing... don't gen 3s make 500rwhp plus with Cj intake, headers, E85.

I get it's on a crippling 50 state emissions tune, but 530 to the wheels out of 7-8lbs of boost seems like a pretty big miss.

Show us what the darn thing can do, no reason for it not to be in the 700s like a gen3 would.

Gen 4 has issues that prevent it from turning the RPMs a Gen 3 can make. That significantly hampers power production.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Gen 4 has issues that prevent it from turning the RPMs a Gen 3 can make. That significantly hampers power production.
interesting, I hadn't seen anything on it turning fewer rpms compared to previous motors. Is the factory rev limiter set the same or is that lower too?

RUNVS?

Established Member
At 532 RWHP for the Vortech, that would put crank horsepower at around 600. Nothing to sneeze at, but this is 50 horsepower less than a Roush supercharger (650) and 125 less than a Whipple supercharger (725).

I ordered my 2020 XL Sport from Beechmont Ford and had it equipped with the Whipple Gen IV 2.9 liter unit. Delivered to my driveway for $44,802.69. It's now making 770 horsepower and 12 pounds of boost after swapping the blower pulley from a 4.00 to a 3.75. Here's an online ad that I found posted six months after I ordered my truck.

725 HP Ford F-150 ad

2020 Ford F-150 (22).jpg

2020 Ford F-150 (30).JPG

RUNVS?

Established Member
By going through one of these special-order dealerships (Beechmont, Lebanon, Mt. Orab,...etc.) you can get whatever kind of truck built that you want. However, I'm not seeing any other supercharger options, other than a Whipple or a Roush.

Users who are viewing this thread