Protestors set up a guillotine in front of Jeff Bezos's house

Makobra

Mostly Peaceful
Established Member
Not a care in the world for Bozo.

I don't understand how a rich businessman could ever be a leftist idiot that supports groups like that.... You're going completely against what made you who you are.

I can understand rich Hollywood assholes or athletes who've truly never worked a day in their lives or have any meaningful education whatsoever, but not a college educated businessman.

because rich white leftists are the ones that benefit from this destruction. its why they propagate this nonsense.
they accuse people of being greedy racists because they are greedy racists. they accuse people of being fascists because they are fascist. they accuse people of promoting and perpetuating violence because that's what they do.

its tried and true commie bullshit that anybody with any sense or knowledge of history knows about and sees through immediately.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I guess the argument would be he has a SHIT TON of money and his fulfillment center employees could have better wages and conditions and that money can go back into the local economy, etc, etc. Not saying that a good argument since it's not like it is his personal decision what they make, hours, etc. Also, AFAIK his wealth isn't from a salary being siphoned off the company's earning (his salary is ~81K) so dumb argument. I just think that's how it's perceived by some. The problem is a lot of the people complaining don't understand "worth" and "money" for lack of a better explanation. People hear what he's worth and assume he's Scrooge McDucking it in a pool of money.

Pretty much, his wealth is in huge majority of stock and ownership. And yeah, his liquid cash flow is much much less. Even people like Gates, he still bought a $40m home here in Del Mar, which wasnt even nearly the most expensive house out here.

quad

Established Member
because rich white leftists are the ones that benefit from this destruction. its why they propagate this nonsense.
they accuse people of being greedy racists because they are greedy racists. they accuse people of being fascists because they are fascist. they accuse people of promoting and perpetuating violence because that's what they do.

its tried and true commie bullshit that anybody with any sense or knowledge of history knows about and sees through immediately.
How do they benefit? Can you name a few of these leftists?

quad

Established Member
I don't like Bezos' political views but he is one of the view billionaires that's actually in shape. His probably on a TRT protocol.

Besides his politics he has built a great company. I have bought a ton of stuff on Amazon and the shipping is great! I've had one bad experience from a third party seller in UK however Amazon came through and did a full refund.

I like Alexa and it is actually useful. Yeah maybe they spy - all they hear / record is me being a pervert so have fun with that! LOL!

I listen to Amazon music and watch a movie or series now and then on Prime. So overall Amazon has improved my life. Just wish I had bought their stock when it was still a bargain!

1904-7341989-Billionaire_Jeff_Bezos_showed_off_his_pecs_as_he_and_girlfriend_-a-90_1565370434025.jpg

1908-7341989-The_relaxed_looking_couple_were_pictured_leaving_French_restaura-a-91_1565370434025.jpg

Jeff Bezos bares his chest as he boards yacht with girlfriend Lauren Sanchez | Daily Mail Online

madscotsman

Established Member
I wrote him an email a few years ago when we had issues with an Amazon purchase for my son for Christmas. I found his email address online and heard he handles ALL emails he receives by forwarding the ones he wants resolved with a simple "?" to all the high level managers of Amazon. We bought my 12 y.o. son a Playstation VR that only worked for like 30 minutes after he opened it. The seller didn't have any replacements at the same cost as I paid and Amazon's customer service wanted me to pay around $150 more for the inflated cost (Christmas time) bundles that were now the only ones left. I received an apologetic email from a regional manager within a few days after sending the email to Bezos. A new Playstation VR for my son arrived in the mail like 2 days after that, and Amazon credited me the Entire cost of the VR, so it was basically free.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
I wrote him an email a few years ago when we had issues with an Amazon purchase for my son for Christmas. I found his email address online and heard he handles ALL emails he receives by forwarding the ones he wants resolved with a simple "?" to all the high level managers of Amazon. We bought my 12 y.o. son a Playstation VR that only worked for like 30 minutes after he opened it. The seller didn't have any replacements at the same cost as I paid and Amazon's customer service wanted me to pay around $150 more for the inflated cost (Christmas time) bundles that were now the only ones left. I received an apologetic email from a regional manager within a few days after sending the email to Bezos. A new Playstation VR for my son arrived in the mail like 2 days after that, and Amazon credited me the Entire cost of the VR, so it was basically free.
How is any of that Amazon's problem to begin with?

Back when I was a kid you'd have had to call Sony, get an RMRA and send it to them on your own dime to get it fixed.

madscotsman

Established Member
How is any of that Amazon's problem to begin with?

Back when I was a kid you'd have had to call Sony, get an RMRA and send it to them on your own dime to get it fixed.

I sent a few PS2's back to Sony with the RMRA back in the day, but that was after the warranty had expired. I believe Amazon was listed as the seller on the original VR, and all that was left was inflated 3rd party sellers' items. I only wanted a replacement and hopefully during my son's Christmas break from school since it was the only thing he had asked for, and was his main gift that year.

BlackSnakeBlown

Established Member
This. I see people constantly complain about his wealth but I can never understand how him being that wealthy in any way prevents someone else from creating their own success. He had an idea and executed on it. He hired tons of extremely talented people and got tons of money from investors because they believed in him and his idea. Good for him.
This. I see people constantly complain about his wealth but I can never understand how him being that wealthy in any way prevents someone else from creating their own success. He had an idea and executed on it. He hired tons of extremely talented people and got tons of money from investors because they believed in him and his idea. Good for him.

This is a pretty ignorant thing to say not because it's wrong for a person to accumulate wealth, but rather wealth is relative. The more wealth others have the less wealth you have as a result. The general sentiment is that it is unreasonable for so few people to control so much of the world through the power of their wealth. The last time the world has been this close to an oligarchy is when feudalism existed.

It is virtually impossible for a family to survive off of a single income today. No politician either Democrat or Republican really supports the working middle class and it continues to show. The Ds want to reallocate all of our wealth to the poor and the RS want to exploit our labor to build their own wealth. The middle class the real working middle class is disappearing before our very eyes.

Last edited:

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
This is a pretty ignorant thing to say not because it's wrong for a person to accumulate wealth, but rather wealth is relative. The more wealth others have the less wealth you have as a result. The general sentiment is that it is unreasonable for so few people to control so much of the world through the power of their wealth. The last time the world has been this close to an oligarchy is when feudalism existed.

It is virtually impossible for a family to survive off of a single income today. No politician either Democrat or Republican really supports the working middle class and it continues to show. The Ds want to reallocate all of our wealth to the poor and the RS want to exploit our labor to build their own wealth. The middle class the real working middle class is disappearing before our very eyes.

As of 2018, US citizens held a combined wealth of over $98 trillion. Jeff Bezos at a $168B net worth is .17% of the total. I think true ignorance is believing this class warfare nonsense and demonizing rich people because "no one should have xxx wealth." Those statements are typically spewed by people like Bernie Sanders, a millionaire with three homes. Again, good for him. And no, Bernie Sanders writing a book and being paid millions for it doesn't take any money from you, nor does it limit your potential success in any way. Look in the mirror for the answer to that one. If you have an innovative product or possess unique talents or abilities, the sky is the limit in this country. Hell, you could just hustle hard and grow a landscaping/pest control/HVAC company and be a 1%er in this country- I know one of each personally and there are tons out there. I'm so glad I don't wake up every day and think I'm a victim because someone else is smarter or more successful.

Twisted2v

Established Member
I don't like Bezos' political views but he is one of the view billionaires that's actually in shape. His probably on a TRT protocol.

Besides his politics he has built a great company. I have bought a ton of stuff on Amazon and the shipping is great! I've had one bad experience from a third party seller in UK however Amazon came through and did a full refund.

I like Alexa and it is actually useful. Yeah maybe they spy - all they hear / record is me being a pervert so have fun with that! LOL!

I listen to Amazon music and watch a movie or series now and then on Prime. So overall Amazon has improved my life. Just wish I had bought their stock when it was still a bargain!

View attachment 1649653

View attachment 1649654

Jeff Bezos bares his chest as he boards yacht with girlfriend Lauren Sanchez | Daily Mail Online

I can only imagine they would use Alexa to spy on private conversations and make you a cancel culture victim.

BlackSnakeBlown

Established Member
As of 2018, US citizens held a combined wealth of over $98 trillion. Jeff Bezos at a $168B net worth is .17% of the total. I think true ignorance is believing this class warfare nonsense and demonizing rich people because "no one should have xxx wealth." Those statements are typically spewed by people like Bernie Sanders, a millionaire with three homes. Again, good for him. And no, Bernie Sanders writing a book and being paid millions for it doesn't take any money from you, nor does it limit your potential success in any way. Look in the mirror for the answer to that one. If you have an innovative product or possess unique talents or abilities, the sky is the limit in this country. Hell, you could just hustle hard and grow a landscaping/pest control/HVAC company and be a 1%er in this country- I know one of each personally and there are tons out there. I'm so glad I don't wake up every day and think I'm a victim because someone else is smarter or more successful.

You would have to have the naivety of a small child to honestly believe hard work is what is needed to acquire wealth. And every business you mentioned requires a significant amount of capital investment in order to operate. Access to capital is BY FAR the easiest and most reliable way to acquire more capital. It's a catch 22.

The wealthy aren't inherently evil, but their accumulation of wealth (along with globalization) is actively destroying the middle class of America. There was a time shortly after world wae 2 where a family could very easily own a new home and a nice vehicle off of a single income. Those days are long gone. Why? Because wealth inequality continues to soar devaluing the contributions of the middle class.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
You would have to have the naivety of a small child to honestly believe hard work is what is needed to acquire wealth. And every business you mentioned requires a significant amount of capital investment in order to operate. Access to capital is BY FAR the easiest and most reliable way to acquire more capital. It's a catch 22.

The wealthy aren't inherently evil, but their accumulation of wealth (along with globalization) is actively destroying the middle class of America. There was a time shortly after world wae 2 where a family could very easily own a new home and a nice vehicle off of a single income. Those days are long gone. Why? Because wealth inequality continues to soar devaluing the contributions of the middle class.

You must have the naivety of a small child to believe it isn't possible today. One of my best friends started working at a pest control company and was a top performer. He learned the business and at 23 started his own with a bit of money he saved- not some large capital investment. 10 years later and he's waiting for his Gen 5 Viper ACR to come back from getting twins installed and his business partner is pulling the trigger on an Aventador SVJ shortly. These are both guys that ride around in pickup trucks all day and deal with nuissance animals and bugs. Another guy whose car many have seen online is a South American immigrant who came here and worked on A/C systems before starting his own company and doing well. The opportunities are out there but if you constantly think rich people are the problem, you'll probably never be one.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
You must have the naivety of a small child to believe it isn't possible today. One of my best friends started working at a pest control company and was a top performer. He learned the business and at 23 started his own with a bit of money he saved- not some large capital investment. 10 years later and he's waiting for his Gen 5 Viper ACR to come back from getting twins installed and his business partner is pulling the trigger on an Aventador SVJ shortly. These are both guys that ride around in pickup trucks all day and deal with nuissance animals and bugs. Another guy whose car many have seen online is a South American immigrant who came here and worked on A/C systems before starting his own company and doing well. The opportunities are out there but if you constantly think rich people are the problem, you'll probably never be one.
Similar story with the guy who overhauled my brother's pool. He is a young guy that worked for a pool company for a while, busted his ass to learn everything about it and started his own company. He isn't buying Vipers, but he is doing well and putting people to work.

BlackSnakeBlown

Established Member

I don't by doubt your anecdotal story, but it certainly is not the norm. Hard work makes for a great employee but a terrible businessman. As a business owner it is your goal to profit off of the labor of others which requires charisma, intelligence, cunningness, and a bit of ruthlessness. In my thirty years here on this earth I have worked years of 100+ hr weeks working hard and it has only ever given me tinnitus, arthritis, heat strokes, and liver damage.

Every business owner I have ever encountered has not been some benevolent person with a can do work hard attitude, but rather a shrewd and

BlackSnakeBlown

Established Member

I don't by doubt your anecdotal story, but it certainly is not the norm. Hard work makes for a great employee but a terrible businessman. As a business owner it is your goal to profit off of the labor of others which requires charisma, intelligence, cunningness, and a bit of ruthlessness. In my thirty years here on this earth I have worked years of 100+ hr weeks working hard and it has only ever given me tinnitus, arthritis, heat strokes, and liver damage.

Every business owner I have ever encountered has not been some benevolent person with a can do work hard attitude, but rather a shrewd and calculated individual whose sole purpose is to extract as much profit off of you as an employee as possible. My father for an example runs a small farm and constantly complains about "not being able to find good help". Like I should empathise with him in some manner??? As an employer you have complete control over the competency of your labor by the wages you offer.

Can we just please stop the false narrative that working hard will actually get you places in life? It won't.

Stanley

Established Member
Premium Member
Hard work is clearly not the only thing needed.
What have you done with the money from all of those 100+ hour weeks? Are you investing in it in the market in some fashion? Rental property? Starting a business?
"The more wealth others have the less wealth you have as a result."
What dollar amount does this start? When I get a raise at work does that mean someone else has to get a pay cut?

BlackSnakeBlown

Established Member
Hard work is clearly not the only thing needed.
What have you done with the money from all of those 100+ hour weeks? Are you investing in it in the market in some fashion? Rental property? Starting a business?
"The more wealth others have the less wealth you have as a result."
What dollar amount does this start? When I get a raise at work does that mean someone else has to get a pay cut?
I live in the deep South where workers have virtually no rights. Despite those 100+hr weeks I still grossed less than $100k. All of my money goes towards either living expenses or my modest starter home.
It's incorrect to view wealth in terms of an absolute dollar amount as all resources have a scarcity tied to them. It's more logical to view wealth as if it were energy in the sense that it is not created nor destroyed but rather transferred.

Users who are viewing this thread