pros & cons of corn fed snake !!!

GodStang

Established Member
Would going E-85 be worth it for a ported Eaton or are the benefits limited to twin screws? I wouldn't mind doing it... I'm kinda at a fork in the road as to where I wanna go with my Cobra right now.

Benefits on Eatons also.

DaveHutch

Bullets and Cars n stuff
Established Member
I have thought about doing this. there is e85 all over the place here in IL.

are there any writeups out there yet ? is it just 80 lb injectors, bigger pumps and a tuner that will do it?
if so i feel this in my future.

Bruin08

Established Member
anybody know of a site that i can go to see where the nearest flex fuel station is. i live in metairie, louisiana. outskirt of new orleans

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
Maybe a dumb question, would going to 80lb injectors (from 60lb) replace the need for a new tune :shrug: and or would it make it drivable untill you get a new tune??

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
ALSO what if i wanted to take my car somewhere it wasnt that available could i use regular gas ?
As long as you get 2 tunes. You can either get a chip with a flip switch and just flip the switch between gas and E85 or load in a tune while you are pumping gas with a handheld tuner such as an SCT XCal.

I have thought about doing this. there is e85 all over the place here in IL.

are there any writeups out there yet ? is it just 80 lb injectors, bigger pumps and a tuner that will do it?
if so i feel this in my future.
Basically all you need is more volume for fuel and a retune. So yes, it is quite easy.

Maybe a dumb question, would going to 80lb injectors (from 60lb) replace the need for a new tune :shrug: and or would it make it drivable untill you get a new tune??
You would need to get a new tune for the 80's. They are aprox 25% larger so that would have to be adjusted for in the tune. Also the proper high/low slopes and breakpoints would have to be loaded in as well.

Your tuner may be able to email you a tune to get the car there.

Users who are viewing this thread