Proper way to do a burnout on my auto 13 5.0

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I completely turn off tc, stab the brake and gas and it will light them up. I have a 13 as well.

Completely do you mean Hold the brake for 5plus seconds and turn off Advancetrac? I noticed yesterday I only turnoff TC and I kit them up pretty good. That's what ill start doing from now on.

What tires where you running when you ran your 12sec pass?

svt5.4

SALLY NUTS RACING
Established Member
Sport mode seems like its easier.

Here is how I read it....( total noob)
setting1- TC button 1 time= off
Setting2-TC button twice= off /sport mode
Setting3- adavance TC hold button for 5 sec=off

Which is the best for burnout?
Which is best for drag racing?

My experience has been setting 3 for stabs , setting 1 for lanches. Today I tried setting 2 for the first times, first I heard about it, and it felt peppier for lighting up the tires.
I have always tried burnouts in setting 3 and it was a hit or miss. I would like to settle this.

Last edited by a moderator:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I keep this handy for retarded posts like yours.

Untitled3.jpg

This has to be one of the most difficult charts to understand at first. Just hold button w brake on stopped a for 5 seconds and ur good. I have no issues brake torquing mine or getting spin going like 30 and hammering it.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
TC off one time on mine made it do a good burnout.

Advancetrac off made it hard to do a burnout. Idk what to do for drag racing at the track. I'll experience this Saturday at the track rental.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Awesome Then I must suck at doing burnouts in a Mustang lol.

I ran mine and it ran a 13.1 at 111 with a 2.19 60ft lol

get that 60' down! I don't think even with d/r's mine would cut a better 60. Its dead hooking, launching from idle. My first run was about the same is yours, and finally I got it figured out.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
get that 60' down! I don't think even with d/r's mine would cut a better 60. Its dead hooking, launching from idle. My first run was about the same is yours, and finally I got it figured out.

Yeah I'm going to work on it. I'm just so used to launching on a slick. You should comeout to our Ford Shootout in Royal purple this Saturday. 11to5pm its going to be hot but at least is only fords.

5pointohh

ballin' on a budget
Established Member
Yeah I'm going to work on it. I'm just so used to launching on a slick. You should comeout to our Ford Shootout in Royal purple this Saturday. 11to5pm its going to be hot but at least is only fords.

I came out there last week and saw that, i may be able to make it for a little while on saturday. I thought I saw you running? i think there were a couple of 13's out there friday night..I got 3 passes in.

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I came out there last week and saw that, i may be able to make it for a little while on saturday. I thought I saw you running? i think there were a couple of 13's out there friday night..I got 3 passes in.

Yes I was there only ran twice. The damn line was moving so slow.

Users who are viewing this thread