Project SVGT

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Running the Stock 3.65" pulley and at 10psi.
I am looking for a smaller pulley that I can use
because we have to turn the pulley around and the offset is different.

califsp

Established Member
Love your project. I just got all the parts together. All that's left is to get the Torq Tech kit. What did it cost?

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Love your project. I just got all the parts together. All that's left is to get the Torq Tech kit. What did it cost?

The price is going up at the end of the month to $2049 I paid $1949.
Total into the build I put out was $2891.00.
Then from the parts I sold off the GT the Grand Total came to $2567.00
Total out of pocket. That is $21.75 per Horse Power
You can't beat that price.

NS :coolman:

04sneaky_snake

Established Member
The price is going up at the end of the month to $2049 I paid $1949.
Total into the build I put out was $2891.00.
Then from the parts I sold off the GT the Grand Total came to $2567.00
Total out of pocket. That is $21.75 per Horse Power
You can't beat that price.

NS :coolman:

False.

Spray it for $500 and get the same numbers.

Thats only like $5 per horse power. :lol:

Just kidding man. Looks good, sounds good, and obviously runs well.

Nothing better than the whine of an eaton.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Ok pulled the 3.65 pulley and went down to a 3.15 for so more
power i want to get over 400 RWHP then I will be happy

I will find out Oct 9th when she goes back to the Dyno.

mysteed

Established Member
What pump are you running and are you running a BAP? If you aren't I recommend getting one before getting a retune.

Double0fox

2 extra cylinders
Established Member
I have the same set up. Been waiting to get tuned for 4 months! Good to hear how things came out. What pump you running?

Here is my first start up vid.
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COIg17PGEGk&NR=1"]YouTube - 2000 GT Tork Tech 2 valve[/nomedia]

Last edited:

Stang Stalker

Established Member
I have the same set up. Been waiting to get tuned for 4 months! Good to hear how things came out. What pump you running?

Here is my first start up vid.
YouTube - 2000 GT Tork Tech 2 valve

I got the Fuel pump from Tork Tech I think its the Ford GT Pump. My Tuner just happens to be the same
Tuner that Tork Tech Uses to wright there tunes
He sent me a tune over email installed it worked great
went down and put her on the Dyno just minor Adj.

Runs Great 24mpg Hwy 12mpg Running Hard
I am running a 3.15 Pulley and not the 3.65 Stock Pulley

Love the Boost :burnout:

Last edited:

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Got the car retuned with the 3.15" pulley here is the sheet on the car

DynoPrintout.jpg

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aGt_pQWWdM"]YouTube - 03 Mustang GT Tork Tech And Eaton[/nomedia]

Ortiz99

Established Member
Very nice!! I just ordered my Tork Tech kit with the 5.4 adaptors. Just need a couple more items to complete it.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
I can't decide if I want to spray my car or run this kit on it. I have a buddy that's putting a Whipple on his terminator and would probably more or less give me his Eaton, so I could do this swap for pretty cheap.

On the other hand, the $2k I would spend on the TT kit would help pay for heads and cams, and I could spray a 100 shot on it and possibly make more power.

Any thoughts?

P.S. Sorry for the thread jack, looks like a bad-ass setup!

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
Well, I've never owned a forced induction car, so I don't know that from experience, but this isn't the first time I've heard that haha

Does anyone know what sort of numbers a bolt-on GT with a ported and pullied Eaton would put down? I'd love to be in the 5xx range, but I don't know if that's possible on a 2v without a ton of boost.

Stang Stalker

Established Member
Well, I've never owned a forced induction car, so I don't know that from experience, but this isn't the first time I've heard that haha

Does anyone know what sort of numbers a bolt-on GT with a ported and pullied Eaton would put down? I'd love to be in the 5xx range, but I don't know if that's possible on a 2v without a ton of boost.

Go with the Magnuson TVS 1900 Supercharger on the Tork Tech Intake. Cams, Build the bottom a 2.76 Pulley and you will be there.

TTTVS.jpg

Attachments

• TTTVS.jpg
    TTTVS.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 57

CobraMac

Established Member

To be able to get to the 500whp range in any sense you will need a build motor. The bottom end of a stock GT will not be able to handle that power safely and will go boom very quickly. With a built bottom end and a port/pulley combo you should be near the 500whp range.

Ortiz99

Established Member
I've been following your youtube videos Stang Stalker. Awesome set up man, im almost done with piecing mine up. Next week i will order the rest of the fuel mods and gaskets and bolts/nuts. I hope my 2.8 pulley isnt too much.

brad7131

The Spocker!
Established Member
To be able to get to the 500whp range in any sense you will need a build motor. The bottom end of a stock GT will not be able to handle that power safely and will go boom very quickly. With a built bottom end and a port/pulley combo you should be near the 500whp range.

I figured as much. I was already planning on tossing a Cobra crank and forged rods and pistons for good measure, but I didn't know what kind of power I could make on my factory stuff before I started having problems.

Good to know, thanks guys!

Go with the Magnuson TVS 1900 Supercharger on the Tork Tech Intake. Cams, Build the bottom a 2.76 Pulley and you will be there.

TTTVS.jpg

Sounds like a nasty combo!

Attachments

• TTTVS.jpg
    TTTVS.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

CobraMac

Established Member
I figured as much. I was already planning on tossing a Cobra crank and forged rods and pistons for good measure, but I didn't know what kind of power I could make on my factory stuff before I started having problems.

Good to know, thanks guys!

Yahhh for sure man....and if you are going with a forged bottom end why not look into a new shortblock? That way you can add even more boost and be totally safe down the road! Always good to plan ahead...I know from experience lol.

And with the factory engine, safe is about 7-9lbs of boost maximum because of the compression ratio. That will net you somewhere around 400whp.

Users who are viewing this thread