Project "Snot Rocket"....CPR Turbo Build

Zodiac

Established Member
Well for the 2nd night of testing with the new motor I can't complain any. Still some room for improvement in some areas but overall a GREAT SUCCESS!! (in my best Borat voice)

View attachment 57482

45981-Sweet-Jesus-mother-of-god-Jura-ytNE.gif

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Dear sweet baby jesus that turbo kit is so tempting, and the Hot Rod power Tour is running through Wichita this year in June...
I've been looking at forced induction, and with the power up top with my 3.73's this could be the answer. Launch like the shuttle at part throttle and then throttle up as the air gets thinner "GO with throttle up... puuuuuuuussshHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROFL.
giphy.gif

So how tricky is the install, including oil pump gears and balancer? Difficulty Scale of 1 to 10 with 1. being Changing the Oil, 10. Being pulling and building the motor.
Can it be done solo? Approx hours?
I'm curious to see what the stock clutch thinks, though I assume it will be "OMG..WTF..BBQ!" And end up being the first part that gets upgraded as the mod list "Mission creeps"

Last edited:

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Dear sweet baby jesus that turbo kit is so tempting, and the Hot Rod power Tour is running through Wichita this year in June...
I've been looking at forced induction, and with the power up top with my 3.73's this could be the answer. Launch like the shuttle at part throttle and then throttle up as the air gets thinner "GO with throttle up... puuuuuuuussshHHHHHHHHHHHHH ROFL.

So how tricky is the install, including oil pump gears and balancer? Difficulty Scale of 1 to 10 with 1. being Changing the Oil, 10. Being pulling and building the motor.
Can it be done solo? Approx hours?
I'm curious to see what the stock clutch thinks, though I assume it will be "OMG..WTF..BBQ!" And end up being the first part that gets upgraded as the mod list "Mission creeps"

I'd recommend the CPR kit to anyone. Fit, finish, and results are second to none! As far as hours to install and difficulty I believe that's relevant to your mechanical ability and tooling. That being said I'd say its around a Lego Skill Builder 3 :)

LoganS197

Established Member
Hardest part of the install is probably changing the headers right? I ordered my CPR kit the beginning of this month. Can't wait for it to get finished!

cprboss

Established Member
Install is really not difficult, just need to take your time. Most nerve wracking part for me was swapping the oil pan, so really not that hard. It is impressive how everything comes together. Tried to start a thread w a bunch of pics but I can't upload from my phone.

HONDASAKI

Established Member
Hardest part of the install is probably changing the headers right? I ordered my CPR kit the beginning of this month. Can't wait for it to get finished![/QUOTE

Actually they are easy. Because you'll have the kmember down and the motor mount brackets off. There's tons of space.

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
Hardest part of the install is probably changing the headers right? I ordered my CPR kit the beginning of this month. Can't wait for it to get finished![/QUOTE

Actually they are easy. Because you'll have the kmember down and the motor mount brackets off. There's tons of space.

Judging by your writeup and pictures it seems pretty straightforward! It has made a turbo install seem less exotic as far as intimidation and more so something that can be done with some hard work, good tools and common sense. Like basically bolting and plumbing a centripetal supercharger under the car lol. The turbo still has that mystique though, like a mythical creature.
1boaF8.gif

It does look intimidating when you can see more and more big pieces on the ground and more of the floor then car when you look under the hood.
I imagine aside from welding the bung (which is NBD) the oil pump gears were the trickiest part? At least that is the part that scares me the most. I assume after the busy work of removing all the accessories, you remove the cover, mark the timing chains relative to gear (cam) positions for insurance and the oil gear's position does not really care so long as it engages? Is the timing cover held in place by TTY bolts or can I reuse them? I've never removed one before, so I'm a bit hesitant on that part, but I'm all for "insurance" mods.

Sonny Black

Go Bills!
Established Member
I bought a Coyote with the full intent staying all motor and resisting the mod bug. CPR, JPC and their customers are making that a really difficult task.

Amazing build, my man. Well done!

onefastmf

Established Member
Don't think so, think the fastest is 8.1, I'm sure Dustin will chime in, question I have is what the fastest 6r80??? This beast has to be close.

CPRsm

8.05@170 w the base turbos. This is the fastest car for us w factory auto. And fastest w the air to air also. Got his goal already on the third time out. But the mod but is dug in deep, and already talking about more to fast parts lol. Maybe some diet parts. Get it under 3700lbs?

HONDASAKI

Established Member
8.05@170 w the base turbos. This is the fastest car for us w factory auto. And fastest w the air to air also. Got his goal already on the third time out. But the mod but is dug in deep, and already talking about more to fast parts lol. Maybe some diet parts. Get it under 3700lbs?[/QUOTE

Haha, so true.
Lighter will be better! Faster and less strain on parts. Win, win!

Users who are viewing this thread