Project Pro-touring Fox (Ridetech Equipped)

BLKFOX

Established Member
She went under the knife this weekend (for many hours). I spent Saturday and Sunday taking the inside apart and tigging in the Wolfe Racecraft cage. I made a couple of modifications to make it fit the way that I wanted but it was a really nice kit. The new carpet and rest of the interior will be in shortly but I wanted to throw these pictures up while I had the chance. While I had the grinder/welders going, I finished putting the Stiffler's FIT system on. Like a typical fox, my frame rails/pinch welds had been used as jacking points in the past, which made more work for myself. After bending the pinch welds back into place, I was able to get everything tacked into place and finish welded on. This car should be extremely solid now! I'll get more pictures of the Stiffler's system when I get all of the welds painted up. It's an unbelievably nice kit.

cage3_zpsmbt3rotb.jpg

cage4_zpsxbtlmzze.jpg

cage2_zpsos6xtpe9.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
and FINALLY, here are some good updates!

The Stiffler's FIT system is on the car, the cage is done, and the car is SOLID! *I'll be painting the cage and putting the carpet back in it over the weekend. *If everything goes as planned, the car is going to Cincinnati to get painted at the end of next week :D. *I'm getting excited guys.....

fitsystem_zpsclakitwr.jpg

cage6_zpscie1t758.jpg

cage5_zpspn71eezb.jpg

92GreenGT

Turbos FTW!!!
Established Member
OMG how did I miss this thread. Josh, you have to send me a PM because I have some questions.

How well does the car ride? I love my fox and want to keep it forever but right now it's sitting on stands as a shell with no drivetrain so I've been wanting to do a coyote(or a stock block turbo setup like it used to have in it) with a good manual and rear. I always hated driving the car long distances because of no A/C(which no matter what will not happen again) and how rough it rode, I swear I could drive over a quarter and tell you the year.lol I tried everything from coil springs to coil overs with different shock setups bilsteins,tokico, even some strange 10 ways and nothing made it ride good. It was so bad that I've been afraid to put it back together the way I want because I'll spend all that money and not actually drive it.

So send me a PM with some non biased opinions on your companies kit for the front/rear(just like what you have or recommend) and let me know how it rides and drives. Honestly I've thought about buying a new car because I have just accepted the fact my fox is always going to ride awful. Change that for me please, I beg you!!!!!

Now to go back through and read your entire thread, btw a lot of the pics aren't working.

BLKFOX

Established Member
OMG how did I miss this thread. Josh, you have to send me a PM because I have some questions.

How well does the car ride? I love my fox and want to keep it forever but right now it's sitting on stands as a shell with no drivetrain so I've been wanting to do a coyote(or a stock block turbo setup like it used to have in it) with a good manual and rear. I always hated driving the car long distances because of no A/C(which no matter what will not happen again) and how rough it rode, I swear I could drive over a quarter and tell you the year.lol I tried everything from coil springs to coil overs with different shock setups bilsteins,tokico, even some strange 10 ways and nothing made it ride good. It was so bad that I've been afraid to put it back together the way I want because I'll spend all that money and not actually drive it.

So send me a PM with some non biased opinions on your companies kit for the front/rear(just like what you have or recommend) and let me know how it rides and drives. Honestly I've thought about buying a new car because I have just accepted the fact my fox is always going to ride awful. Change that for me please, I beg you!!!!!

Now to go back through and read your entire thread, btw a lot of the pics aren't working.

Hey Dave! Thanks for the good words. Alot of my pictures were lost when we switched our photo sharing accounts over, I've still got all of the build pictures though! I'll PM you; I know that I can help you out! :D.

Also, I got my new shifter boot put in last night. I'll have the rest of the interior in the car shortly!

IMG_2640_zpswoxddqhn.jpg

IMG_2664_zpsfe1pnzb7.jpg

IMG_2667_zps7tvaxsho.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
Getting a couple of pieces made for the interior right now! The car goes to the dyno next Friday as well.

....and I just ordered a set of True Forged wheels from Steve! :D:D:D

BLKFOX

Established Member
^^^ Thanks!

Sooooooooo much better. *It's now drive-able and feels like a different car.

made 364rwhp/353rwtq, not bad. I'll take it for an all motor setup.

[video=youtube;tfvbFjNWcyw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfvbFjNWcyw[/video]

BLKFOX

Established Member
I finally got the Aerocatch pins on the hood and got everything lined up. I'm much happier with the appearance now!

Hpq7jbB.jpg

Vz04Vv3.jpg

w3zLzqG.jpg

Last edited:

BLKFOX

Established Member
The car's had alot going on lately. New wheels, paint, new cooling parts, all kinds of fun stuff trying to get it ready for Mustang Week.

MDCBxmn.jpg

BLKFOX

Established Member
Trying to get back to working on the car as much as possible. It went to Mustang Week and did great. Had a blast on the autocross and out at the shows!

IMG_6642 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3868 - Copy.jpg

crazycarlo

Established Member
I bet. I'm still nailing away at my coupe one part at a time but hey it's fun :)
I've seen you post over in Pro-touring as I WAS gonna sell my coupe and buy another classic pontiac. However finding a decent quality one that's not $$$ is hard lol. So I'll be keeping the mustang.

Users who are viewing this thread