Project Pro-touring Fox (Ridetech Equipped)

2k7gtcs

Established Member
The front's are 18x9's w/ 255/35-18's, the rears are 18x10's with 275/35-18's. The rear tires are actually bigger than my 295/35 Nitto's :shrug:.

I've got plenty of clearance on the rear, still... and the tires look huge lol.

If you don't mind me asking...

What offsets are the front and back wheels? I am looking at 18x9/18x10 Forgestar CF5's in gunmetal for my silver Notch and I have Wilwood brakes I need to clear and that's why I'm particularly looking at Forgestars because they clear them.

Do you have any modifications in the rear. I'm going to get rid of the quad shock 4 link setup and go with the MM panhard bar and torque arm. Not sure if that will allow many any more room. It'll have their coilovers and their LCA's.

BLKFOX

Established Member
If you don't mind me asking...

What offsets are the front and back wheels? I am looking at 18x9/18x10 Forgestar CF5's in gunmetal for my silver Notch and I have Wilwood brakes I need to clear and that's why I'm particularly looking at Forgestars because they clear them.

Do you have any modifications in the rear. I'm going to get rid of the quad shock 4 link setup and go with the MM panhard bar and torque arm. Not sure if that will allow many any more room. It'll have their coilovers and their LCA's.

No worries at all, My fronts are pretty tight with the coilovers but I'm still clear! The rears fit very well.

Front:
Backspacing - 5.8" w/ +22mm offset

Rear:
Backspacing - 6.3" w/ +22mm offset

I love these wheels. The quality, finish, and look are great! The brakes really pop behind them as well :D.

BLKFOX

Established Member
The car got an article written up on it, on this site. It's got all of the parts and some good pictures on their homepage. I think it's kind of cool :D.

http://www.thefoxcast.com/

foxcast2_zps2zh9vg8p.gif

BLKFOX

Established Member
I can't wait to get it completely finished! I'm ecstatic with the recognition that it's getting now, I have no complaints! :D

BLKFOX

Established Member
I brought it to work today, I'm finally getting the bugs worked out!

[video=youtube;ORCs2qb0FAM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORCs2qb0FAM[/video]

BLKFOX

Established Member
If anyone knows anyone looking, I'm going to sell my Vortech kit to go a different route!

BLKFOX

Established Member
I tore the car apart a couple of nights ago to tidy some things up. At the moment, I'm prepping it for the Wolfe Racecraft cage, cleaning up some wiring under the dash (I think I'm going to relocate the Dakota Digital ecu under one of the seats so extending wire is in order), laying down some sound deadening, and start fabbing up the rear seat delete. I bought a welder last night so I'm ready to start making some of my own random parts!

image1_zpsqmti0ajl.jpg

bdahlg68

Nice! I was really hoping to see this trigger a tiger cage for fox bodies! I have a 68 Firebird I hope to put one in and am anxiously waiting for my 89 notch!

BLKFOX

Established Member
Nice! I was really hoping to see this trigger a tiger cage for fox bodies! I have a 68 Firebird I hope to put one in and am anxiously waiting for my 89 notch!

Thanks! I've been pushing for a Tiger Cage for a while but it wasn't in the engineering plans just yet. Even though I'm doing a weld in setup, I'm still pushing for us to have one available for foxes! I put one in a '69 Camaro not too long ago. It does a tremendous job as a chassis stiffener as well as added safety!!

So glad to see that you decided not to sell it. Keep up the good work!

After thinking pretty hard about it, I don't think I could ever sell it. I get mad at the car but I've got alot of time and money in it, I think it's mine forever :beer:. It'd have to be a heck of an offer for me to let it go.

Whistler98

Established Member
Awesome! I've been kicking around the idea of buying one of those for the 89 lately. Post pics installed and let us know what you think of it.

BLKFOX

Established Member
Awesome! I've been kicking around the idea of buying one of those for the 89 lately. Post pics installed and let us know what you think of it.

Will do! I'll get some pictures up shortly. I installed it over the weekend, it came out great!

Users who are viewing this thread