Project Cayenne: Carpet Cleaning 101 - The Junkman

Junkman2008

"Detailing Devil Dog"
Established Member
As I start Project Cayenne, the first thing I decided to do was get rid of all the cooties left behind by the previous owner. Between the carpet and the engine, I don't know which one is worse but since I have to be INSIDE the car, the carpet is where I am starting. There will be a engine cleaning video, as well as other videos, down the road.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the video, maybe I missed it but do you plan on doing a video for the leather??? That carpet was wrecked by the way, I will never understand how some people (my brother included) can just neglect a vehicle.

Junkman2008

"Detailing Devil Dog"
Established Member
Thanks for the video, maybe I missed it but do you plan on doing a video for the leather??? That carpet was wrecked by the way, I will never understand how some people (my brother included) can just neglect a vehicle.

You and me BOTH. I had the Porsche dealer look up the build sheet on that car and it cost $109,00.00 new! Why would you abuse a vehicle that cost THAT much!

I am going to do a video on every aspect of what I do to make that thing presentable, inside and out so a leather video will soon follow.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
The E55 AMG I had for a while was the same way, interior was wrecked and was one of the reasons I sold it (wife not trusting it for a DD was the main one). Finding replacement trim, interior and seat pieces for everything that was damaged/torn/broken was nearly impossible as well. Looking forward to the progression!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thanks for that video! I don't have any carpet issues to deal with, but that's a video that I'm going to file away. Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread