Project 358R

CCM302

Established Member
So it begins...a few teaser pics of things to come with my build...

5.8L/358 DOHC
photobucket-34840-1362491890109_zpsde384b0d.jpg

Donor car
photobucket-1083-1320250231667.jpg

Last edited:

CCM302

Established Member
Specs on the build?

Ford GT 5.4 block sleeved to 94mm 358 ci
GT500 forged crank
Modmax forged rods
Diamond pistons.
all ARP hardware
Melling oil pump
Ford GT heads with oversize valves
Custom Comp Cams XE 236/230 HR-111.
'00R lower intake with Hogan fabbed upper
Hanlon built T56

etc...

Last edited:

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
Awesome! Awesome build! This is literally the ultimate modular motor (without moving to the slightly different Boss or Coyote architecture).

I'm glad they kept these motors similar enough over the past 15 years or so in order to allow us to be able to Frankenstein together things like this without defeating the purpose of the basic architecture that our cars originally came with.

The next motor that goes in my car will be a 5.8L for sure. I've always wanted to do a 5.4 swap, but now that the new GT500 has a big bore 5.8 block from the factory, I might as well just wait for the engine parts to come down in price instead of making hasty decisions in the meantime. Rather than doing a complete swap to make a "GT500 powered 99 Cobra", I'd rather think of it as a 99 Cobra that could have had the option for a larger 5.8 engine instead of the 4.6.

Anyway, I'm really really looking forward to seeing your progress on that beautiful piece of art and I can't wait to hear it run. IMHO, no engine in the world sounds better than a healthy modular with a little bump in compression, displacement, and cam specs.

Good luck. I hope it works out great for you.

CCM302

Established Member
Awesome! Awesome build! This is literally the ultimate modular motor (without moving to the slightly different Boss or Coyote architecture).

I'm glad they kept these motors similar enough over the past 15 years or so in order to allow us to be able to Frankenstein together things like this without defeating the purpose of the basic architecture that our cars originally came with.

The next motor that goes in my car will be a 5.8L for sure. I've always wanted to do a 5.4 swap, but now that the new GT500 has a big bore 5.8 block from the factory, I might as well just wait for the engine parts to come down in price instead of making hasty decisions in the meantime. Rather than doing a complete swap to make a "GT500 powered 99 Cobra", I'd rather think of it as a 99 Cobra that could have had the option for a larger 5.8 engine instead of the 4.6.

Anyway, I'm really really looking forward to seeing your progress on that beautiful piece of art and I can't wait to hear it run. IMHO, no engine in the world sounds better than a healthy modular with a little bump in compression, displacement, and cam specs.

Good luck. I hope it works out great for you.

Yea, I've only heard one other engine with similar specs to mine, and the sound was just this side of ridiculous. Just a note to others sub'ing in, this might take a while, so bare with me. Maybe by Mustang Week next year...

coposrv

Established Member
That motor is nasty. I like the rare parts on it. It's like using the ford racing parts bin of rare 1 off stuff.

na svt

say no to power adders
Established Member
That motor is nasty. I like the rare parts on it. It's like using the ford racing parts bin of rare 1 off stuff.

What's rare? The GT/GT500 heads are readily available as is the Cobra R lower. Also, aluminum GT blocks can be bought from Ford Racing. The most rare parts are the long tubes as they were custom built and frigggin' big.

CCM302

Established Member

Yea. That was kinda the idea. The original idea was a 5.4TT. Then someone beat me to it. So, then I just went for super rare everything. Only thing I couldn't get my hands on was the 00R upper. Which worked out in my favor because the 00R upper apparently chokes off the flow due to it's design around the bell of the runner.

xXSVTmonsterXx

SVTP Monster
Established Member

I do. Ill link a video when I get a chance to upload. NA SVT spec-ed my cams and was a huge help consulting me every step of the build.

I've got the biggest possible bore with the sleeves, 367ci (6 liters), 12:1 comp, 8k rpm and e85. Still working out issues with the tune and plenum volume but she's already making twin screw power. That's all ill say. Like I said you'll love it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread