Proflex commander pro flex fuel system. Thoughts?

Wayupnorthsnake

Been thinking about giving this a go. Seems like an easy install. I'm trying to increase power without doing a bunch of engine work. Wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows of anyone that has given it a go?

AMB

Established Member
Been thinking about giving this a go. Seems like an easy install. I'm trying to increase power without doing a bunch of engine work. Wondering if anyone has heard of this or knows of anyone that has given it a go?
I install it on my 2020 GT500 CFTP; "OUTSTANDING" PERFORMANCE!!! RUN it on a 93 OCTANE TUNE and GO like HELL!!!

tampasnake

Established Member
I have one on my GT350.

They don't backfeed the ECU. That is the allure of it. It's not reflashing your ECU.

At risk of over simplifying things. This is how I understand that it functions. The engine takes more volume of e85 than say e10 93 to operate. The proflex plugs into your injector harness. The ethanol sensor is in the new fuel line that is included. The ethanol sensor notifies the control box the ethanol rating of the fuel being fed to the engine. The control box signals to the injectors to stay open longer allowing more volume into the engine to account for the ethanol. There are predefined tables for x% of ethanol requires the injector to stay open for x% longer.

This in theory could be more accurate than an e85 tune due to the ECU never getting the actual ethanol content of the fuel being put into the engine. The tune is relying upon the knock and 02 sensors.

Users who are viewing this thread