"Profile Messages" not Private

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
So I noticed since the update that profile posts are a stream at the bottom. Are there still private messages? People should be aware of the difference. I've seen a lot of phone numbers and what not popping up. I think they were to begin with but you had to look, now there is a feed.

Just a heads up.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
So I noticed since the update that profile posts are a stream at the bottom. Are there still private messages? People should be aware of the difference. I've seen a lot of phone numbers and what not popping up. I think they were to begin with but you had to look, now there is a feed.

Just a heads up.

They've always been public...

Profile messages = Public
Private messages = Private

Tough concept.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
They've always been public...

Profile messages = Public
Private messages = Private

Tough concept.

Yeah just not sure everyone knows that from what I see and now on the phone app there is a stream of all the profile messages at the bottom on "New Posts". Seeing a lot of "hey just sending you a PM for...." when it's not private. Just figured I'd put it out there.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
AFAIK, they have never been private. Where are you seeing them as a strem?

On my phone in the browser, shows "Lastest Posts" and once you get through the first 10 or so goes to "Latest Profile Posts"

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Example

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210922-121737_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210922-121737_Chrome.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 63

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
On my phone in the browser, shows "Lastest Posts" and once you get through the first 10 or so goes to "Latest Profile Posts"
My phone doesn't show that, just the all the newest when I hit the "New Posts" deal. Right next to that is the "New Profile Posts" button. I don't see Latest Posts on my phone. I'm running full site on an iphone.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
My phone doesn't show that, just the all the newest when I hit the "New Posts" deal. Right next to that is the "New Profile Posts" button. I don't see Latest Posts on my phone. I'm running full site on an iphone.
Huh, yeah I'm not running "desktop view" or anything but on an Android in Chrome. Probably something I can change in my profile settings or something. Thread was really just a reminder that there is a difference in the types of messages.

Users who are viewing this thread