Professionally built and tuned '93 LX in MA. $13K

vfwpost523

Established Member
Professionally built and tuned '93 LX in MA. $13K (New pics added)

$$$ PRICE LOWERED TO $12K (Aug 24)

When this car was first offered for sale on this forum over two years ago, it quickly became one of the most viewed threads in the Fox Body section. I've been a member of SVTP for over 9 years, and as soon as I saw this ad I knew I had found the right LX for me. Built with the meticulous attention to detail I've come to expect from fellow members on these boards.

What drew me to this LX hatch was how clean and how stock it was. The exterior is 100% stock with the exception of the slant-cut Flowmaster exhaust tips. Just enough to give it a little character. Inside, the car is 100% stock and is in impeccable condition. Even little features like the dome light, and the lights around the mirrors on the sun visors work. Under hood, the only changes to the freshly rebuilt 302 was the addition of a little more aggressive cam and a custom cold air intake.

When I took delivery of the car in April 2013, I brought it down to Mike Dez Racing in Seekonk, MA. With a great reputation for building high performance Mustangs, Mike and his team were the best ones to put a custom tune on the car. I wasn't expecting huge changes given that it's a largely stock 302, but I wanted to make sure the cam, exhaust, and custom CAI were all talking to each other properly. I was pleased to see it put down 211 hp to the wheels with 270 lb ft of torque. Just enough grunt to send the tires up in smoke from a rolling start if you wanted to. The car has the perfect Fox Body sound, and drives amazingly smooth with the custom tune.

There are a couple of little things wrong with the car that the new owner should be aware of:

1. The air conditioning doesn't work. I spent a few hundred dollars getting the old R-12 system charged when I took delivery of the car. It was working okay, but just wasn't that cold. Turns out there is a leak in the system somewhere. It never bothered me enough to find a permanent fix as the car is my three season weekend cruiser. If it bugs you enough, you're going to want to convert to the R-134 system which goes for around $750 on latemodelrestoration.com or similar.

2. The engine chrome is really dull. This is all my fault. I tried polishing the heads, intake, alternator, etc. after the first couple weeks and it was just too labor intensive. The pictures looked really good in the original ad, but I had no idea how much work it was going to be to maintain it. I never intended for this to be a garage queen, so it didn't bother me that the chrome lost some of its luster. The car is mechanically perfect and that's all that mattered to me.

That's it.

This car has been the perfect Fox Body cruiser. It's a low mileage chassis (48K), with less than 4K on the rebuilt engine. If you're looking for a "stock" '93 LX, you are going to struggle to fine one cleaner. Please do not flame on the asking price of $13K. Yes, that's what I paid for the car two years ago. I then spent ~$1,900 getting it imported and shipped to MA, then another ~$2,000 in miscellaneous upgrades and improvements since then. Plenty of pics included below. All receipts and paperwork go with the car.

I'd really like to sell this to a fellow enthusiast on SVTP. Please do not hesitate to reach out with questions if you are a serious buyer. Many thanks in advance.

(Again, here is a link to the original post, during the rebuild two years ago)

All pics below were taken on April 11, 2015. Thank you again for looking.

Attachments

• 1 rear.jpg
    1 rear.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 3,584
Last edited:

gtmustang00

Established Member
Beautiful car. I remember when I had just missed out on this car as a roller for $6500 a few years ago (If it's the same car). Won't find a nicer body out there for sure.

vfwpost523

Established Member
Thanks for the kind words. Car is straight as can be, and a super smooth highway cruiser. Don't think it's ever seen precipitation either. Not a single spot of rust anywhere.

vfwpost523

Established Member
Great question which I'm afraid I don't know the answer to. My understanding is that the chassis is an original eight cylinder even though the current setup isn't numbers matching. It has never been in an accident according to all the pros I've had working in, on, and under the car.

Where in central MA are you? I'm in Marlboro. Happy to meet up and show it to you if you like. Also a member of Mustangs of Massachusetts if you happen to be heading to any local meets. Thanks for looking.

Users who are viewing this thread