ProEdge Tuning / Mongillo Motors

Green92LX

LOLZZZ
Established Member
Guy seems to know what he's doing! Good to see positive threads about people instead of negative. I have no personal experience with anyone besides Dez because well, I've had great luck with him and therefore he does all my tuning. I did however, buy a car after it being tuned by Pete that wouldn't stay running, had starting issues and was down on power. Brought it to Mike Dez and not only did the car run tons better after, but it picked up 12rwhp and 10rwtq. I'm in no way bashing anyone, just my experience.

Last edited:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I think he can help you out....why are u stuck with diablo stuff? I know Bill sells the xcal3 at cost if he tunes your car. Pm me if you need any advice or help getting with Bill...he's a great tuner.

I would not mind switching over to SCT at some point (like if I end up dealing with someone local like Bill), but I have stuck with the Diablo up to this point basically because my car came with it, and it was married to it with a canned "performance" tune. Then as my mods progressed, and I needed more than a basic "pulley" tune, I went with Amazon since they were one of the only ones that would do tuning for the Diablo, and being 2 hrs. at least from the closest tuner (who only used SCT), it just made sense at the time to stick with what I had instead of dropping an additional $300, plus dyno time AND a long drive beside all of that. I'm not sure how I could actually "switch" to SCT at this point because I'm not sure that I have the original tune for the car anymore since Diablo only stores 1 tune at a time, and I wasn't the one who flashed it the first time, so it may be lost. Not even sure any of that matters, but it was my understanding that all of the tuners usually start with the factory tune, then build the parameters from that. If I don't need to flash it back to stock, and he can somehow work with my modified Diablo tune, then switching would be a lot easier, and cheaper obviously.

with all the mods done to your car, I am really surprised to hear you have a mail order tune

See what I wrote above. It was not intentional, but other than a slight pprv hesitation, I have no issues with the Amazon tune. I am sure that I am leaving a lot of power on the table though, since I am only running a preliminary base tune for my mods and haven't datalogged it yet to optimize the timing and A/F ratio. According to my wideband it is slightly rich, so I'm sure tweaking that would be beneficial as well, but at least it's safe for now.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Any idea if he can work with Diablosport tuners? Most tuners anywhere within driving distance all seem to only use SCT, so I am stuck with mail order tuning at this point.

I'm almost 100% positive that Dez Racing can tune Diablo :beer:

black 10th vert

Established Member
I'm almost 100% positive that Dez Racing can tune Diablo :beer:

Good to know, thank you! Since I am right on the MA/CT border (near 6 Flags), it is probably equidistant for me to go either way. I just want a good tuner without having to spend more than necessary, or adding unnecessary complication (such as having to have a dealer re-flash the stock tune, or something).

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Interested too see how it turns out.. I looked up this shop on Google and read a review or two and they weren't good.

Im taking a watch and see approach..

BTW what does a tune cost?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Interested too see how it turns out.. I looked up this shop on Google and read a review or two and they weren't good.

Im taking a watch and see approach..

BTW what does a tune cost?

I don't know of any shop that has all great reviews.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I know one

Performance Dyno! Ok I'll go with 99.9% happy customers and reviews.

That's fantastic...I'll still stick with Pro Edge and keep recommending him to my customers that want a safe , reliable Dyno tune.

Last edited:

My2003Mach1

Established Member
Me? No never Used Dez racing for a while, but found Performance Dyno to be superior in professional customer service and quality craftsmenship to that of Dez.

I appreciated the cleanliness of Performance Dyno also.

The reason why I asked is because I was since putting in an aluminum flywheel my idle revs a bit and needs adjustment.
I figured that this could be handled by this shop. You know as even a test measure, figured they couldn't ruin anything on something like this

black 10th vert

Established Member
That's fantastic...I'll still stick with Pro Edge and keep recommending him to my customers that want a safe , reliable Dyno tune.

Didn't you use mustang magic in ny for your tunes?

Blwn04SVTcobra, I was also under the impression that you used to go to Mustang Magic for tuning. Are we confusing you with someone else, or did you used to go to MM, and then switched recently to Pro Edge?

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Blwn04SVTcobra, I was also under the impression that you used to go to Mustang Magic for tuning. Are we confusing you with someone else, or did you used to go to MM, and then switched recently to Pro Edge?

Yes I did.. mm never touched my shelby however. I had a lund tune until I met Bill from Pro edge.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
what did you pay for a tune?

What I pay and what reg people pay is totally different....I have a working/friend relationship with Bill that's why I said call the shop....we feed each other business seeing we are both CT based. It doesn't change the fact Bill is smart and good at what he does.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Yes I did.. mm never touched my shelby however. I had a lund tune until I met Bill from Pro edge.

Thanks for confirming that. I started to think I was crazy.:D I will be calling him to see if he can help my situation. I do want to go return fuel setup though, so it may make sense to wait until that is completed so I don't have to re-tune again.

Users who are viewing this thread