ProEdge Tuning / Mongillo Motors

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Ct guys can now get tuned close to home....I've always traveled out of state for tuning. Rewind 3 weeks ago..my buddy tells me to bring my GT500 to this shop for a cruise. This is where I was introduced to Bill Miller co owner and tuner. I previously was running on a John Lund tune which served me well and got me into the 10's on 20" drag radials. So this past wednesday I brought the car to Bill to see if he pull more out of it. We strapped it down to his mustang dyno and the tune I have made 670-689 rwhp on a dynojet made 600 ...we wanted to be fair so we cooled it and pulled it again made 617...now it was Bills turn...pump gas he managed 640/611 which was +23hp/20tq over my previous tune...then we added race fuel..car made 662/624...all on 17psi, stock headers...Bill is the man look them up if you need a tune...they are also a full service shop. 34 fulton street New Haven CT, hitting the track the 29th hoping to best my 10.95 @ 131mph on 20's

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kk7WT09NFtY&feature=plcp

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=relmfu&v=b1gc75BdeBs

Last edited:

matt87

Established Member
nope, Pete is tuning god. no one can go anywhere else or their car will make less power, and run like poop or worse yet blow right up on the dyno! lol! j/k! thanks for another option.

Last edited:

1320 Junkie

Established Member
nope, Pete is tuning god. no one can go anywhere else or their car will make less power, and run like poop or worse yet blow right up on the dyno! lol! j/k! than thanks for another option.

I had a customer send me one of Pete's tunes for his xcal when I built his TVS combo with 80's. wouldn't even run....car ended up going to pro edge...made 609/564 @ 19 psi...which is about 650-660 on a dynojet...car boogies.

vroom

Established Member
glad to hear some good feedback for pro edge. I spoke with bill last week, sounds like a nice guy and very knowledgeable. I'm going to be calling this week to set something up

1320 Junkie

Established Member
glad to hear some good feedback for pro edge. I spoke with bill last week, sounds like a nice guy and very knowledgeable. I'm going to be calling this week to set something up

When u call tell Bill Jay with the grabber blue Shelby refered you, he will hook you up.

cobracote

cobracote
Established Member
Billy is the man. Tasca made a mess of my tune. Not only did bill fix it but picked up a lot of extra hp and better drive ability.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I'm glad you sensed that, but the fanboys will come in shortly lol

It was a base email tune..safe low timing..even Lund himself said there was plenty left in it..Bill got just about what John said was in it still.

VasiliosK

Established Member
I had a customer send me one of Pete's tunes for his xcal when I built his TVS combo with 80's. wouldn't even run....car ended up going to pro edge...made 609/564 @ 19 psi...which is about 650-660 on a dynojet...car boogies.

This is my slobra :rockon:!! I can vouch for Bill at Pro Edge Tuning as well, he is the man and very knowledgeable. I def recommend anyone looking for a tuner around CT to see him!

matt87

Established Member
wow cant believe all the Pete nut swingers on here are keeping silent. lol!

LILBLKSNAKE

Village Idiot
Established Member

Pete has done every car I have ever owned. Been absolutely thrilled every time.

If the CT guys find a stand up guy that knows his stuff and can back it up, by all means go for the local guy.
As long as the actual car owner is satisfied- POST POSITIVE FEEDBACK!!!
There are enough douche bags and bitches slamming shops they probably never even visited, not to mention all the stories about a guy who had a cousin that dated a girl who had a step brother whose car blew up on the dyno

matt87

Established Member
my sentiment exactly. anytime somebody mentions Dez or some other dyno shop, the mass crew usually chimes in with all the negative comments. i know 0 about Pete and could care less about driving that far for a tune. just glad to know there are other alternatives out there.

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
my sentiment exactly. anytime somebody mentions Dez or some other dyno shop, the mass crew usually chimes in with all the negative comments. i know 0 about Pete and could care less about driving that far for a tune. just glad to know there are other alternatives out there.

but yet you bash all of this customers every chance you get?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member

Not sure what the point of being negative is? It strays from the original point of this post. What works for customer A, may not work for customer B.
Thats great there are other options out there! Competition weeds out the weak. Said nutswinger are simply happy customers.
I have dealt with some of the "nations top tuners" who failed to provide good customer service after the tune.
So whats my point? Use who works best for you, whether its 10 miles away or 1000 miles away.
Bashing people on a public forum, could bite you in the ass in the long run.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Not only is Bill a great tuner with tons of knowledge he's a great dude to just bullshit with..meet him once and you will understand. I can't tell u how many tuners I've met that have the personality of a douche bag or wet napkin.

black 10th vert

Established Member
Any idea if he can work with Diablosport tuners? Most tuners anywhere within driving distance all seem to only use SCT, so I am stuck with mail order tuning at this point.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Any idea if he can work with Diablosport tuners? Most tuners anywhere within driving distance all seem to only use SCT, so I am stuck with mail order tuning at this point.

I think he can help you out....why are u stuck with diablo stuff? I know Bill sells the xcal3 at cost if he tunes your car. Pm me if you need any advice or help getting with Bill...he's a great tuner.

Users who are viewing this thread