Procharger Pulley Sizes = what boost?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
Hey guys, I'm running a 3.4" pulley now, and making 10psi at 5600 or so. I noticed on a dyno sheet in one pull the boost reading actually fell a little on top.

What kind of boost is a P1SC suppose to make with a 3.4" pulley, stock crankshaft pulley on a GT ?

What kind of boost are you running with other sized pulleys?

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
Hey guys, I'm running a 3.4" pulley now, and making 10psi at 5600 or so. I noticed on a dyno sheet in one pull the boost reading actually fell a little on top.

What kind of boost is a P1SC suppose to make with a 3.4" pulley, stock crankshaft pulley on a GT ?

What kind of boost are you running with other sized pulleys?

I am running that pulley and I see right at 10 PSI. The pulley is good for 10-12 PSI with the P1SC.

mustanginky

Established Member
3.4 with an anderson powerpipe i was hitting 12 psi. then my stock pistons said "get the eff out with that".

i'm running a 3.7 now and hitting 7.3 with a stock procharger inlet. just for those who want a point of reference.

White04GT

Established Member
I believe mine is a 3.4 with the AFM power pipe. I have bassani headers, and o/r x pipe and I am seeing 8.5 lbs of boost.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Nobodys pulley size and psi is consistent. Even from stock exhaust to full exhaust, it doesn't always mean less boost. Whats sup with that?

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a 3.9" pulley. Its the same size that came with the procharger kit, and was designed to make 10LBS with a stock 99 cobra. That it did.

With an aviator longblock, O/R X pipe, Cat back, and 4" Morpheus powerpipe, the same pulley makes about 7-8LBS of boost. The morpheus pipe probably gave it an extra 2-3LBS of boost, but it lost more than that because the 03-up heads/cams flow much better, but also give the motor a 500RPM lower redline.

I briefly put on a 3.1" pulley and was rewarded with an extra 5LBS of boost at 3000RPM, but it wouldn't go any higher than 12LBS of boost after 4500RPM (probably because I had a crappy belt).

That 3.1" pulley is for sale, by the way. Anyone want it?

Homer

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
I received my p1sc today, it has a 3.9" pulley on it. I have P&P intake, hookers, plus i'm going to go with a AFM powerpipe. Hopefully should be able to see 7-9psi. I'll pick up a Procharger boost gauge, and see where i am. And then decide what i'm going to do after i see the boost numbers myself.

TClark22

Established Member
Bmeagher...is that a new kit from procharger? they must be putting 3.9 on them now instead of the 3.85 pulley from the slightly older kits like mine used to have.

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
TClark22.....I think it's at least 2 years old. It's off a 01' Cobra. Are you still using the 3.85 pulley? And if so how much boost are you running?

TClark22

Established Member
no i am not still using the 3.85...but i made around 8psi depending on weather conditions and whatnot...like during the 90+ temps it made around 7.5psi and prob around 8.5 in colder conditions. that was on a stock tb and plenum...

i am using a 3.4 pulley on mine now. and i make 10psi...the 3.4 would make around 12 but i am still running stock tb and plenum.

01SilverGt

Established Member
anyone have a 4.0 or 4.15 6 Rib pulley laying around? I have a 3.9 on my car right now with a d1sc, gives me 10 pounds at 6k rpm

MDK210

F150 Rep
Established Member
anybody know where the size is located on the actual pulley? I found a number but it reads 3.100 DIA...
I called ATI and they said it doesn't sound like their pulleys, theirs would say 340 if it was a 3.4 and be black. They would never recommend a 3.1 since the 3.4 from ATI can create 12.5 psi just like I run. From a old dyno chart it made the correct psi and 6K rpm so I asked them how that's possible. He said maybe it's consistant belt slipage...

Last edited:

MKSVT

Dosen't Wheel Hop
Established Member
I was making 9.8lbs with a 4.00 pulley with and without a AFM powerpipe.Call up procharger and speak to a tech.

01greycobra

Built and Blown!
Established Member
Seems as though the same pullies make different boost #s for every car. With my D-1SC, I saw 10 lbs with a 3.9 pulley and now 18 lbs with a 3.4 pulley. Im using a Reichard Racing pulley currently.

Users who are viewing this thread