Procharger Pulley Size

04YellowGT

Established Member
In the process of putting a Stage 2 P1-X on my 2011 GT (M6). The kit came with a 4.00" pulley but now I'm being told by my tuner that it is too small of a pulley for my application on pump fuel. Does that seem correct? Called procharger and they said it should be ok and should make 9-10psi on my application. I thought that was safe level to run on these cars.

Car will run on 93oct.

Mods
3.73 Gears
VMP BAP
ID1050X
MBRP LT Headers
MBRP 3" Exhaust w/ Cats
MMR OPG
MMR Crack Sproket
NGK 6510 Plugs

Thanks for your help.

jeffs

Established Member
The good thing about a centri is that the boost will climb with RPM. Simply do a 3rd, or higher gear pull where your rpm's won't climb uncontrollably fast at wot, and just shut her down if your boost exceeds what your tuner calls "safe". I have yet to see (advertised) boost in 5 different blower applications I've dealt with. So imo, you almost have to try some things to really know. You may see less than 9-10psi at max rpm, you may see 10psi at a lower than red-line rpm. I'm not saying it's a good or bad idea, but I've exceeded 10 psi with a Paxton on a stock engine with no problems. But listen to what your tuner says for sure, as he may have tuned similar combos in the same elevation as what you're running in, but I'd try what you have if you can, just use caution.

basspro302

Established Member
My p1sc non x came with a 4.5 pulley and i put a 4.25 on it no idea of the boost ive never had a gauge on it.

jeffs

Established Member
I live in 6500' elevation, and pretty much always run a boost gauge just so I can be in the realm of what the rest of the world sees in terms of power. I burnt up My Paxton trying to get beyond 11psi. Took a 20% lower, and 3.48 upper to achieve that.

TVSed GT

Established Member
I live in 6500' elevation, and pretty much always run a boost gauge just so I can be in the realm of what the rest of the world sees in terms of power. I burnt up My Paxton trying to get beyond 11psi. Took a 20% lower, and 3.48 upper to achieve that.
You’ve probably never seen boost levels as advertised because of your elevation and most manufacturers boost numbers are based on sea level. You’re losing about 1lb of boost per 1000-1500’ elevation due to atmospheric pressure difference.

TBolton

Established Member
On my 2014 gt it came with a 4.35 pulley on the p1x.

That was good for 7-8psi

Recently switched to a 4.11 now around 10-11.

Sounds minimal but it woke the car up in the midrange

Also just running 95lb/1000cc DWs

SS lol

Established Member
In the process of putting a Stage 2 P1-X on my 2011 GT (M6). The kit came with a 4.00" pulley but now I'm being told by my tuner that it is too small of a pulley for my application on pump fuel. Does that seem correct? Called procharger and they said it should be ok and should make 9-10psi on my application. I thought that was safe level to run on these cars.

Car will run on 93oct.

Mods
3.73 Gears
VMP BAP
ID1050X
MBRP LT Headers
MBRP 3" Exhaust w/ Cats
MMR OPG
MMR Crack Sproket
NGK 6510 Plugs

Thanks for your help.

Listen to your tuner sounds like he’s right, I have a 4.25 pulley and see 10psi on E85.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread