ProCharger owners, your help please!!!!

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
I think I'm not going to go w/ the S-trim, rather go w/ the ProCharger so I'll have an intercooled SCer for just $3500 or less. So, I'm wanting to know a few things please:

-Are you glad you chose ProCharger?

-What are your favorite things about your ProCharger?

-Least favorite things?

-Have you ever owned a different supercharger, if so, which one, and are you glad you didn't go w/ that brand again?

-What kind of car do you have?

-Is your bottem end stock? Forged pistons or hyperteunic?

-Did you install it yourself?

-What kind of fuel system are you using? (I don't know if the ProCharger one comes w/ fuel stuff)

-What advice would you have for me?

Sorry for all of the questions, but spending $3000 is a big decision. Thanks for your time.

Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
I saw your other post in RoadSide so I'll be referencing a few questions there also.

I didn't own a Procharger but I can tell you installing a blower really isn't as difficult as most would think. They only thing that I would recommend is having access to a lift, that's where most of the difficulty comes in and having a lift is almost essential. Now if you go with the self lubricating charger system from Procharger than it will make it that much easier to install.

You also mentioned the problems you have heard with people blowing their seals in the Procharger units. Well I would have to say it's not just Procharger, I had to have my Vortech rebuilt because it blew it's oil seal. It had just gone out of warranty so this is just something that comes with the territory.

The Procharger kit should come with an FMU(fuel management unit) that will increase the fuel pressure relative to the amount of boost pressure present. Personally I would get bigger injectors and get it dyno tuned so that you can drop the FMU. FMU's aren't incredibly accurate but out of the box they keep your engine safe because they are tuned pretty rich.

NeedaCobra

Master of the Obvious
Established Member
Thanks. Do you know by chance why ATI isn't replacing the defective units for free since they are under warranty? :shrug:

Msbarr884

Procharger Help

Well, I have happy I bought my Procharger, they come as a complete kit. The inline fuel pump you need is there, the FMU, and even a intercooler. I suggest going with a 3-core, this will assist you for later greater improvements, and on top of which it is such a deal to upgrade it, that it is foolish to pass it up. I am learning this the hard way.

My bottom end was stock until May. It handled it fine. I don't suggest going above 9psi, however, it does wear the rings on the pistons substantially. I would recommend planning on rebuilding it somewhere in the near future if you do buy the supercharger. I did that eventually, but the stock block will give you time, and it cna certainly take a beating. The difference between the naturally aspirated rings and blower rings are so much greater.

I did install it myself, but it took all week. Alot of maybe-that'll-fits and hey-does-this-go-theres?

Stay organized! That is the most important thing. Go Step by step. O yeah, i believe you will have to remove the plenum from the intake manifold when rerouting the vacuum houses. THye never tell you that in the manual.

Users who are viewing this thread