Procharger HO kit o

eekkaann

Established Member
really thinking more and more of a supercharger on my 2012 gt
I have earlier looked at the E force kit, but now Im thinking of the HO kit from procharger ( stage one )

The most important thing for me is an easy install, uninstall since I will have to do this once a Year. Good reliable power with e mail tune is also a big + since I dont have access to tuners near me.
The other thing is the HO kit is rated at 600hp. Thats enough for me, not everyone needs/whants a 1000hp monster :)
I wont be doing any track, this is a street car.
I love the looks, and power a supercharger provides, this is why I want it.
Im about to buy LCA and swaybarkit and intake and tuner from AM. Intake and tuner is about 750$, should i skip this and put the mony on a supercharger?

If i get the HO kit it has to be the polished one with polished bracket since I will do a few carshows and really like hos this sets it of. Where is the best place to buy from? Price?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
You should just save the $750 if you are putting a blower on it anyway. Why spend the extra cash if your not going to be even using it for a long time, You know? I think the Procharger HO is a good choice for your reasoning. It seems to be a very well put together kit. When I was in the market for buying a Procharger I was looking at this kit. You can get a custom tuned, polished kit, with helical gears for $6,000 even. That is the cheapest price have found and I was talking to my current tuner at Lund racing and Evolution performance goes through Lund for the tunes. Cant beat it really. The only thing I didn't like were the 47lb. injectors. Is a Supercharger the only mod you plan on doing? http://www.evoperform.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=267_334_335&products_id=1104

eekkaann

Established Member
I currently have Borla catback, Im lowered on eibach springs, and Im planning on getting their adjustable swaybar kit, and some LCA:s

I was earlier thinking of waiting with the supercharger, and get the CAI + tuner while I was waiting. But now I dont know, If I get a good deal I might as well get it now...?

Anyone here running the stage 1kit from procharger?

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
Honestly if I were you bro I would just focus on suspension instead of the tune and Cai to be prepared for the boost. I would do an upper control arm, lca, sway bars, adj. panhard bar and upper panhard bar, and a one piece driveshaft. What tires do you have?

fuelforfire87

Established Member
Most people running the procharger kit go with the stage 2 kit with the larger intercooler because the stage 1 intercooler is too small and tends to heatsoak.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

eekkaann

Established Member
Ive heard this about the small intercooler before, but also that it should be fine if you don't drag a lot, autocross and so on?
This will more be like my DD so I guess it would be OK?

Sizeth3

Established Member
I am running the stage 2 kit, I love it. Are you an A6 or M6?

I can't speak to the HO kit, but the stage 2 runs at ambient or below nearly all the time, so don't listen to the heat soak naysayers. I called Procharger to ask them prior to purchasing, because it had me that worried.

The install is easy, I didn't have to cut my front bumper on my 13 GT. If you are an A6, I wouldn't touch your suspension.

I assume you are doing this because you live in Cali, I wonder if you could get creative and remove the belt from the Procharger when you go through inspection. Find a way to put a stock airbox in there for that purpose. Just a thought. You will probably want a dyno tune also, the Procharger tune is fun and fairly aggressive, but the rev limiter is basically stock so you lose some RPM range if you are tuned now.

eekkaann

Established Member
Im a M6.
I live in sweden and once a year we have our cars inspected and no modding, or big like a supercharger, is alowed. Thats why I would have to take it of once a year.

Sizeth3

Established Member
Just my opinion, but maybe Nitrous would be a better power adder for your application? Would be way easier to take it off. One other idea would be to buy an older GT500, since it was factory supercharged would be easier to hide your mods. Just a thought.

Users who are viewing this thread