Procharger D1SC, 16 Boost but only 630 RWHP..!!

Curt@injected

I'm with Curt@injected. Looking at your graph, the power isn't linearly climbing to peak RPM like these blowers do. It's doing some sort of wiggle and flat line. Mine looked just like that after the belt started slipping and I dropped 30rwhp on the last pull of the day.

Ya look at the boost graph. Looks like slip to me.

Moaz

Established Member
so,
I'm with Curt@injected. Looking at your graph, the power isn't linearly climbing to peak RPM like these blowers do. It's doing some sort of wiggle and flat line. Mine looked just like that after the belt started slipping and I dropped 30rwhp on the last pull of the day.
so, what to check ?

Curt@injected

Check the belt tension, length etc. If the boost curve does not continue to climb linearly , you have slip. If none of that fixes it you can try sandblasting the pulley rib surface.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
how long has the belt been on? Belts don't last long on the centri setups if pushed.

Look around the timing cover and blower pulley itself, if theres a bunch of black stuff it's probably belt dust and time for a new belt. Putting a new belt on my Mach is on the weekend chores lists (gotta look and see if I still have another new one, Amazon is my go-to source)

Moaz

Established Member
Perfect, without checking, It's my original plan to get a new belt with my new Pulley which am planing to change to be 3.4''
So, this should be a new installation and if there was a slip in the belt, it should be fixed with this upgrade.. right ?

One more thing,
I need your help in placing my order, for the Pulley, Belt, and any other required things, as am not expert in this,
Here is the website that many recommends,
ProCharger Serpentine Pulleys

So, can someone help me with the exact part numbers that i should place order for, and i will be so much grateful for you, just to mention that my Blower is D1SC.

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member

Moaz

Established Member
Gates has a belt specifically for blowers and helping avoiding slip. Here is a link to Gates site that talks about their RPM belt RPM® Micro-V® Belts | Automotive Micro-V Belts | Micro-V Belts (Serpentine Belts) | Power Transmission | Gates Corporation. The belt number I'm running is K080670RPM as I'm running a 4.7 pulley. If you're running a smaller pulley, pick an RPM belt that meets your length requirements.

Hi..
Thanks so much.. it's really useful and helpful.
I'll be running 3.4'' pulley, I can't decide which belt size I should get, many people running 108, what do u think?
How can i get the correct info about the right size?

sur_real1

I Am The Organizer
Established Member
I'm not sure what "108" means in your context. Maybe ID? However, the belt part number is broken out like this: K = Type, 08 = How many ribs, in this case 8 ribs, 670 = Overall length, in this case 67.0 inches. One option is to call Procharger. Also, I'd download their installation manual and verify that your belt setup looks like the one in the manual and that your tensioner tallies line up. Another option is to look at the current belt and see if there are any part numbers on it that you can cross reference on the internet. Of note, when the belt is under proper tension, it's tight. And I mean piano string tight.

Moaz

Established Member
Thanks,
But the current belt is running with Pulley 3.8'' and the new Pulley will be 3.4''
Anyway.. I'm going to call Procharger.

bunits19714

Established Member
with a 3.4" pulley you will be over spinning the blower unless you have a larger than stock size crank pulley- 3.4" and 108(") are Paxton numbers are you sure you have a procharger- procharer belts range from high to low 60's

Moaz

Established Member
with a 3.4" pulley you will be over spinning the blower unless you have a larger than stock size crank pulley- 3.4" and 108(") are Paxton numbers are you sure you have a procharger- procharer belts range from high to low 60's

The numbers not from my unit, am just mentioning what folks here talks about, but so for, I'm contacting BruteSpeed and Procharger to provide me
- Pulley 3.4''
- Right-sized belt.
- The proper aligned Crank Pulley matching the 3.4''

blownstang4.6

Established Member
The numbers not from my unit, am just mentioning what folks here talks about, but so for, I'm contacting BruteSpeed and Procharger to provide me
- Pulley 3.4''
- Right-sized belt.
- The proper aligned Crank Pulley matching the 3.4''

If you're going from 3.8 to 3.4 that's 4/10's of an inch. Multiply that by 2 to get 8/10ths. Take whatever belt size you have now and subtract .8". Look for a belt size around that number.

Users who are viewing this thread