Procharger & Cams & Fuel System

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Finally the prochargers are coming out, I've been waiting for them :) Procharger directly wouldn't tell me much, and then when I found a distributor to work with, the kits finally got released.

The "cam swap" is now beginning to be a hot subject, and I'm curious about the issue with doing cams & the procharger. We have Craig from radical racing looking into it. I believe he'll be calling procharger & crower to try and put something together.

The cams availible now are designed for the eaton, which would make them probably no good for the procharger. Anyone have any experience with cams & cent. blower on a 4v mod motor?

I'm finally getting my bottom end back after it being at the local machine shop for 2 months +, Heads are ported, being assembled soon, but I'm waiting for cams & springs before I can go pick them up, along with the tranny for the input shaft.

Things are finally coming together after being down for a long time.

Now theres the issue with the fuel system. At the moment were looking into going with a complete aeromotive kit, sumped tank & everything return style.

Whats the deal with the tuning on these things, will I be switching to an older computer? Or with the 03 be able to be tuned for a return set-up? None of us know for sure yet, and haven't got ahold of the guys that do.

Can't wait, new set-up should be awesome untill something breaks .......... :)

Anyone have any insight on these plans?

Rwick7

Established Member
Good questions...I'll be interested to see the answers

I believe you'll want to switch to a FAST or other computer to tune the car. The stock one can't be used for return style that I know of...might want to call Paul at PHP. They offer a return style kit I believe.

Apten is also working on an upgrade for all the lines and rails in our fuel systems. With that focus pumps and injectors hopefully people will be able to go to 800 rwhp.

Might want to check over on www.corral.net for guys with 4v, cams, and centrifugal experience.

Good Luck

Randy

NeedForSpeed

Established Member
Well sucks I already bought a 95mm Pro-m and a set of 55lb injectors with the jumpers harnesses...... wasted $1000 bucks.
Hopefully someone will buy them off me, if not, a local procharger dealer will give me $$$ for them if I buy the set-up through him etc......

Thats when I planned on going kenne bell or ported apten. But now I need a larger injector & different maf.

Now I'll most likely be using a 72lb injector, and an aeromotive kit. Not 100% sure yet about the fuel system set-up.

But definatly going procharger. Can't wait to order it, but won't have the funds availible untill the following week or 2.

No clue on the tune, don't have any experience with other comp. set-ups. I'm sure we'll all be learning.

davidmax

Established Member
I run cams ground specially for the Procharger all models.I run an F1 and we've cammed ps-1's as well as every thing in between.
Some cams are ground by my partner Sean by hand by far the best 1600.00 and I sell a few sets a month.
If you want we do regrinds IMHO there just as good at 800.00.And those are the industry leaders in power and longevity.We also have a few grinds from another Mfr,not Crower who I think this is all new to them,but through a Huge cam grinder even though I have a stage 4 Procharger in my Cobra and its very fast but lopey and you can use it as a daily driver which I will sometimes do once I get the idle better at warm temps.
My radical cams put out huge #'s and idle between 900-1150 rpm
but we have some real streetable ones that will add 60+ rwhp to your Procharger equiped Stang and Idle at 800 and do it smoothly with a very mild lope.
Good Luck,Dave Smilovic

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Originally posted by StlBlack03
Good questions...I'll be interested to see the answers

I believe you'll want to switch to a FAST or other computer to tune the car. The stock one can't be used for return style that I know of...might want to call Paul at PHP. They offer a return style kit I believe.

Apten is also working on an upgrade for all the lines and rails in our fuel systems. With that focus pumps and injectors hopefully people will be able to go to 800 rwhp.

Might want to check over on www.corral.net for guys with 4v, cams, and centrifugal experience.

Good Luck

Randy

Wonder if the BAP would work with this to even get some more out of this.

03CobraRed

Established Member
Pauls high performance is doing my friends 97 with an 03 motor in it and they used a return style kit, they have it and they know what they are doing, talk to Paul or Carl.

Users who are viewing this thread