Procharger Bypass valve surge/ now fluttering.

Boosted_5.0

Established Member
Hey guys this is my first post! I have a issue with what i believe to be my procharger bypass valve. It is the stock valve that came with the stage 2 kit, i think its called proflow bypass valve. anyway ever since install i have been getting a surge about mid-throttle. It doesnt happen when im just putting along or at WOT just mid throttle. It makes the car jolt and my boost jumps around. well that didnt really bother me too much but now my bypass valve is constantly venting unless im getting on the throttle pretty good. and it flutters like a gay fast and furious ricer car. that psh psh psh sound like buterfly wings lol. Im thinking since i have the D1 pulley (3.85) its too much boost for that stock bypass valve to handle and over time it has got worn out. Any advice would be appreciated.

Also if i do go to upgrade do i want open or closed BOV(since it before the MAF it really shouldnt matter right?):read:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
i dont know if things have changed but on the kit for my mach the valve included appears to only be good to 10psi.

you can go either way since its before the MAF, I have a recirculating BRRV vented to atmosphere and I hate that mother ****er, the rushing air is fine but the howling sound it makes is embarassing and obnoxious

blackbeast12

Dr. Frankenstang
Established Member
My stock paxton bov fluttered but never surged. I hate that fluttering sound. So i added a tial 50mm bov, and guess what no more flutter. The stock bov's are adequate but the tial is a monster...get 1!

BV600

Established Member
Maybe its just where you start making boost so its trying to close. I have the proflo on my 2012 with 10psi taking it to 7600rpm and no issues. Try the big red you get annoyed with the street sweeper sound

nosscort

Established Member
well if it is the same design they still use and had used in the past the inside of the valve has a diaphram and when I had a procharger on my old gt I went through about 5 of them due to the diaphram ripping apart on the inside of the valve. My car would stall, surge,and wouldnt build or blow of the boost. I Bet that is your issue, Call and they should warranty the valve, At least they did 5 times for me lol..

Last edited:

KonaFifty

Established Member
are there any type of adjustments on that bov? say an allen key looking screw type do hickey usually on the top center of the bov? if there is play with it, and adjust accordingly. your bov is suppose to blow off all air without sputter no matter what rpm it is at. if there is an adjustment, try adjusting it, if not your only way is to get a new bov...also open or closed bov? do you mean recirculated or vented?

Shaun@AED

It's actually throttle surge on tip-in that is causing the problem, which is all in the tune.

Boosted_5.0

Established Member
It's actually throttle surge on tip-in that is causing the problem, which is all in the tune.

Do you do remote blower tuning? I have a sct but its not unlocked so i still need to send it in.

Alright after tearing down the front bumper 3 times and the BOV 2 times i figured it out. The problem was the allen screw that holds down the base of the diaphragm to the actuator. it had backed all the way off allowing the actuator adjustement to back out and get loose and flutter and do whatever it wanted lol. so fixed the BOV but its still surging like a mofo. I have been told by many local tuners that its a problem with the tune just havent had the money to get my handheld sent off and get a retune. I will be upgrading the cheap proflow as well cause it is bound to do it again. looking at tial or HKS.

Users who are viewing this thread