Procharger belt slip

TBolton

Established Member
Is some slip ok...or should there be none at all?

I'm running the standard rib setup...nothing special. I've got the adjuster set to the first hash mark like directions state.

I've read a few horror stories of snapping the crank off but those were mostly from people running really high boost and 10 rib setups and really cranking down on the adjuster.

I marked my pulley with a sharpie where the belt barcode was and I've noticed I've got about an inch to an inch and a half of slip after about 500 miles. 90% daily driving with a few occasional romps on the interstate and back roads.

Car is also an automatic...if that matters.

imeyers302

Established Member
There should be no belt slip. Depending on pulley size that first hash mark that the instructions show you may not apply.

97snakebite

Established Member
If your belt is moving 1/2 in it should have shredded and came off the pulley. Did you verify that you have good alignment??

DarkMach1

Established Member
I think there should be a tiny amount of slack specially during the initial stab of the throttle, after that it should be tight enough to grip across rpm band.

TBolton

Established Member
I kind of thought there should be just a little slip as long as you were getting Peak boost by the upper RPMs.

I'm content with a little bit of belt slip versus cranking the hell out of that tensioner and pulling on that crank even harder.

97snakebite

Established Member
I keep my belt tight to to the point the only way to get it on is on the water pulley..Maybe 1/8 slack. Never had issues

Users who are viewing this thread