Procharged Mach 1 vs Pontiac G8 GXP

DRK HRS

Established Member
I wish I stuck my Polaroid Cube on the car for this, but I wasn't expecting anything so no video sorry.

Was out cruising on the highways of sunny Mexico today. There was a G8 that pulled up to me and was acting kinda aggressive, but there was some traffic in front of us. He eventually went over into the fast lane to just keep on driving figuring I wasn't going to race. **** it why not, I just got the car back from the shop after a few weeks might as well let her gallop a little lol.

I got behind him and just hung a few cars back until we had some open space. I creeped up into the next lane beside him. All of a sudden he just floored it, no honks or anything. WTF man. I let him go, then creeped back up. He slowed to 60 so I matched him, put it in third and did the triple-honk this time.

I don't know if he was tuned or anything (it sounded stock), but he hung with me for a couple seconds but then the boost really started to kick in. By the time I hit 80-ish his front end was at my doors, finished wrapping out third, put it in fourth and gone! I had about 3 or 4 cars on him by ~120 when I shut it down. Not sure really. I wasn't looking at the speedo and I'm not a great judge of distance in the side mirror. In any case I pulled on him pretty hard.

Yeah I know, it's just a G8. Expected result lol. I haven't been able to drive the Mustang for weeks and I've never raced one before so why not though. It was good to get in some kind of run again. It's fun to surprise people when they think it's just another new edge dog. I'm at 486 rwhp for reference.

Back to grandma driving for a few days, I promised myself I'd stop beating the shit out of this thing so much.

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Side note. How do you like the Polaroid Cube? Got one at a yankee swap at work and havn't even taken it out of the box.

DRK HRS

Established Member
Side note. How do you like the Polaroid Cube? Got one at a yankee swap at work and havn't even taken it out of the box.

I got the Cube+ and it's pretty good. The wifi control can be a little flaky sometimes, but I think it's an app issue that they can fix with updates. Picture quality is pretty good. It's sharper than the GoPro Hero Session thing, but worse quality in low light. The mic isn't very good but it's good enough.

The built-in magnet is pretty strong. I've cruised around with it stuck directly on the hood of my other car. I took it to 50 MPH and it showed no signs of moving at all. I think you could take it to at least 80 or 90 with no extra mounting equipment and it would be fine. I'd be scared to do a high speed highway run without some strong tape helping it though.

DRK HRS

Established Member

Here, I took my first Mustang vid with the Cube today. The only problem is the curved lens. It makes it look like you're going slower. Like if you watch the SUV in the next lane it barely looks like I'm pulling away, but if you look at the trees and bushes on the right side or the road lines you get a better sense of how fast I'm actually going.

Second gear = nothing but wheel spin lol. Need better tires, and it was cold.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Can you turn that camera on to record via app? Say you mount it out back for races and want to start it up while driving?

Users who are viewing this thread