Procharged mach 1 fuel rails doing THIS during a run...uhhh

Ted B

Established Member
well the video says it all looks like something is not so smooth in my fuel system...i mean its an air gauge not liquid, but damn its all over the place...suggestions?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
There's so much vibration going on you can't tell if it's the gauge or the fuel pressure. What's your A/F doing? Have you datalogged the pressure drop across the injectors?

Ted B

Established Member
@slo984now nope I have no way of doing that ATM, taking it to ford, one of the dealers an hr away has a performance shop they do mods and do all the upgrades for roush mustangs and what not, there is supposedly a guy there who is really big on the new edge supercharged 4v platform, he needs to take like 3 hrs to run the full set of diagnostics, but i'm told he should be able to at least sort out where the issue is taking place. I've done the fuel pressure test which as you can see is kinda inconclusive...only information I got from that was the car is not stalling out due to low fuel pressure. I may do the compression test tonight if i have enough energy to do so...since if i had even a single bad cyl i'm going to have to shelf the car till I have enough for new rods pistons and someone to do the work...then I should be sitting easy with a full new drive train fully upgraded for the amount of power I can push out of the D1SC

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
If you have a laptop and an SCT hand held tuner you have everything you need to datalog the car. Then you can monitor the FPDC and the pressure drop. If they're good then you can look elsewhere. And you won't have to spend money on a mechanic. You could take that money and put it towards a wideband. Any car with forced induction should have a wideband IMO.

Ted B

Established Member
@slo984now yeah I absolutely need a wideband boost and fuel press sensor, for a supercharged car! that's about 1000$ right there tuner is 400$. I'm actually getting a free diagnostic so no harm in that maybe ill get lucky and he can catch something...did a compression test the gauge was a bit shitty I think it wasnt sealing right on some cyl...as i got an about 120psi on all 8, 2 gave me 90, but reseating and letting it crank like 2 extra times got me 120 psi...its low so i know its prob kinda worn rings and such...so idk still have to figure out what is causing the stalling and the loss of some of bald eagles....

My plans are if all is well im just going to save up for the rest of the forged internals and cams, then go to Lund and get the Ngauge and have them tune it for me, should be a solid racer after that.

Users who are viewing this thread