Procharged Mach 1 - 1st Trip to track

bbeers

I purchased my 04 Mach 1 with a built motor, Procharger D1 and built auto two weeks ago and figured I would go out in the 110 AZ heat this past weekend to play with it on 18" MT drag radials. Needless to say, had to baby the car out of the hole in order to get any bite.

Results:

Run 1: 13.02 @ 120 mph with a 1.98 60' - spun real bad, bouncing off rev limiter in each gear, in and out of throttle, etc.

Run 2: 12.06 @ 119.7 mph with a 2.16 60' - babying out of the hole, bounced off rev limiter again, manually shifting.

Run 3: 12.04 @ 124 mph with a 2.19 60' - Very easy launch, left the car in drive and just drove it. Perfect run with no issues other than a horrible 60'.

Considering it was 110 degress yesterday, I've had literally no seat time in the car and I was on a poorly prepped track with drag radials, I was satisfied with the overall performance of the car and I realize with a decent 60' ft I would have been in or close to the 10's.

fwiw, my last car was a 94 Supra with 600 rwhp and with the same MT radials, the best I could get was 12.4 @ 120.

Britt

Apicia

Established Member
The car needs upper and lower control arms. The pinion angle is way off from being lowered. Also, change the gears to 3:73s, as you are running out of gear at the end of the track. You can get more aggressive with the shift points when you install the gears. Right now it just ramps up so fast and bangs off the rev limiter. Drop the tire pressure, warm the tires with the line lock, and you should run a high 10. We will get this thing in the 10s.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Apicia

Established Member
You got an awesome Mach there. I had never seen it before and checked out that "for sale" thread. Wow! Have fun with it. I see some low 11s (at least) in your future. :thumbsup:

Sad to say he has since sold the car. Never did get it dialed in perfectly. I would like to track down the new owner and see what kind of times she is running now. Upper and lower control arms were installed along with 3.73s right before he sold it.

stang837

Established Member
Sad to say he has since sold the car. Never did get it dialed in perfectly. I would like to track down the new owner and see what kind of times she is running now. Upper and lower control arms were installed along with 3.73s right before he sold it.

Well that would be me:beer:

Car has mostly been sitting in the garage due to the rain, and I need new tires for it before I take it to the track.

But I agree the car is a beast, and should run 10's if I can get it to hook.

Users who are viewing this thread