Process to swap glass roof onto my car?

JaysonMFK

5.0 Fanboy
Established Member
20 lbs sounds negligible but when it's at the highest point in the car it makes a difference.

If you're only racing in a straight line, I suppose it's not too big of a deal. But i like to make turns so I skipped it on mine.

It does look really cool though. :)

CorDog009

Established Member
It's hot enough here in Texas without letting that much more sun inside the car. I've had T-top cars that never had the shades removed. I guess up North it'd be ok, I just couldn't justify it here.

apex32

5.slow
Established Member
It's hot enough here in Texas without letting that much more sun inside the car. I've had T-top cars that never had the shades removed. I guess up North it'd be ok, I just couldn't justify it here.

It's tinted and theres a pull shade

dead man walkin

Established Member
I live in Texas and I have the glass roof, thanks to the shade and the built in UV blockers the glass roof is actually cooler in the sun than my buddies metal roof that parks right next to me, plus when its 105 I can open the shade and bask in the light all while staying nice and cool in the AC. Side note.. before cutting a hole in your roof look at a glass top car, the entire roof is different, the panel in front and behind the roof are some special glass coated pieces not just roof

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I live in Texas and I have the glass roof, thanks to the shade and the built in UV blockers the glass roof is actually cooler in the sun than my buddies metal roof that parks right next to me, plus when its 105 I can open the shade and bask in the light all while staying nice and cool in the AC. Side note.. before cutting a hole in your roof look at a glass top car, the entire roof is different, the panel in front and behind the roof are some special glass coated pieces not just roof

I added an extra layer of Johnson Insulatir 40% window film to my glass roof. All the light comes in while barely feeling the warmth of the sun. When the A/C is on, it's just light, no heat. Even when the shade is all the way behind you.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
grinding out spot welds is one thing. Cut the roof with a saw is entirely another. The OEM glass roof should have a metal frame with the same areas of connections as the metal roof. I should be able to drill out the spot welds, lift the old roof off and place the new glass roof on and then have it tack welded in the same location.

fobra00

Established Member
Never had issuse in my glassroof procharged 5.0 at the track. keep the shade close on hot days and you are good.

lsxjunkie

Established Member
It's a breeze. Forget drilling, cutting or welding.

1. Jack up license plate.
2. Install glassback car.
3. Lower license plate.

Users who are viewing this thread