• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Problems with surging and driveability - datalog attached

Discussion in '5.0L Coyote V8 Engine Modification/Discussion' started by hatched91, Jun 2, 2017.

1. mhyjek

mhyjek Active Member Established Member

I totally forgot but I would run some techron through a tank or two then just make sure injectors and valves all clean. Factory tune should be fine most likely some kind of physical mechanical problem always do the least costly least time invasive fixes 1st...

2. hatched91

hatched91 New Member Established Member

AustinJ427- nice ride. I wish my mustang was half the build quality of the FiST/FoST/RS cars.

mhyjek- thanks for the input. I agree that it is most likely a mechanical issue. The car has 60k mi on it now. Cleaning the injectors couldn't hurt...but I have a feeling that it is a different issue. The driver's side head has been replaced (failed valve guides). Everything tests out well from a compression and smoke test standpoint. I scoped out the cylinders as well...and did not see anything abnormally dirty. I'm not sure what other mechanical failures there could be...but i'll keep surfing the forums.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
  3. brad65ford

brad65ford Ford Powered Established Member

Any updates on this, I have the exact issue with my 2015 gt which has 12k miles on her. Have lt's and JTL intake and Lund tune.