Problems with my AC?

RedFireFury03

Red Fire *****
Established Member
Well I drive it on a hot day in Texas and the AC runs cool for about 5 minutes and then turns to regular air. Driving normally when it does it, I tried turning it to Max AC to see if it works cooler. It does again for a short time then again regular air. I checked the pressure of the AC system and it has pressure. I then bought a new can of Frion and tested it again for frion pressure with the can meter. Says its good, but its not. Help please...

Thanks Ben:??:

T-Pain808

I Love Asian Girls!!!
Established Member
Not sure, but check your pressure while the car is running. If you have gauges, suction/low side should be around 28 pounds at 1800 rpm, for R-134.

corpsedub

Mighty Trust Krusher
Established Member
i aassume you only have one of those low side gagues. did you test pressure with the ac on? is the compressor clicking and cycleing?

03 svt

Established Member
I've had 2 ac's take a dump on me my old 03 the pump went up and now the mystic has oil running out of the pump these acs are junk:fm: sorry my post isn't helping much

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
I would get the pressure checked at a professional auto air place...those pressure readings on the refill canister kits aren't accurate...

Users who are viewing this thread