problems with delta force special forces tuner

ctgreddy

Established Member
Hey all.

I've had this special forces tuner for about a year now. have a 93 tune and a 125 shot tune on it, I was bored one day and decided to datalog the tunes and found out that both tunes were getting about 28* timing. this is a bolt on 2v, and imo the n/a timing is a couple degrees too high, and the nitrous timing is way too high. anybody know why my timing is so jacked up? I had a lmaf on it, and after talking with someone I pulled that off and put my stock maf on and retuned it, think that would cause the spark tables to be off?

also I had someone make up a custom tune with the stock maf and that had good timing/afr's however at 5400 in 3rd gear it would fall on it's face and lean way out, any idea what could cause that?

right now I made another general 93 tune with the stock maf and am currently using that. it's not bad timing is around 26* and afr's are between 12.8-13.0 n/a.

2002BLGT

Established Member
Hey all.

I've had this special forces tuner for about a year now. have a 93 tune and a 125 shot tune on it, I was bored one day and decided to datalog the tunes and found out that both tunes were getting about 28* timing. this is a bolt on 2v, and imo the n/a timing is a couple degrees too high, and the nitrous timing is way too high. anybody know why my timing is so jacked up? I had a lmaf on it, and after talking with someone I pulled that off and put my stock maf on and retuned it, think that would cause the spark tables to be off?

also I had someone make up a custom tune with the stock maf and that had good timing/afr's however at 5400 in 3rd gear it would fall on it's face and lean way out, any idea what could cause that?

right now I made another general 93 tune with the stock maf and am currently using that. it's not bad timing is around 26* and afr's are between 12.8-13.0 n/a.

Too many variables without datalogging more stuff but I would guess that if you are running NA and had a Lightning MAF on it that was probably the issue as the Load seen by the engine was changed due to the MAF change

Users who are viewing this thread