Problems with Aerforce Fuel Pressure Sensor

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Im back again but now a diff problem.....So connect AF fuel pressure kit and now im having this issue..:

Okay so here it is when off: kinda blurr but you can see it:
WP_20131102_009_zps9c4e0d98.gif

I go to the Analog 1 section on the Function Menu: im using the green(analog1, white is analog2) wire that goes connect to the AF gauge
WP_20131102_003_zpsf086e2d1.gif

I enter both the slope and intercepts:
WP_20131102_004_zps20ebb52c.gif

WP_20131102_005_zps6ab08879.gif

After that it sends me to the Analog Menu"

here I tried it both way in selecting the Analog1 and the Fuel Pressure and

just select one or the other (sorry for blurry but you can kinda see it)

WP_20131102_006_zpse9de143f.gif

WP_20131102_007_zps5f592e99.gif

After that goes intop the Function Menu again and i select the Scan option and once again i get this:

WP_20131102_008_zpsdce6f091.gif

So what im i doing wrong??? and or is the sensor faulty one??

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I do not mean to insult your intelligence, but the sensor is in fact hooked to 5v not 12v right? Also, do you have the 470 ohm resister wired in series with the white wire from the sensor? If not, did you unplug the OBDII connector with the sensor hooked up? I have fried about 3 of these things without the resister (before they found out about it). By the looks of the number (and my numerous experiences), the sensor is toast.

Alex

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
I do not mean to insult your intelligence, but the sensor is in fact hooked to 5v not 12v right? Also, do you have the 470 ohm resister wired in series with the white wire from the sensor? If not, did you unplug the OBDII connector with the sensor hooked up? I have fried about 3 of these things without the resister (before they found out about it). By the looks of the number (and my numerous experiences), the sensor is toast.

Alex

Im using the Add a Circuit/Fuse, and yes i do have the 470 resistor in there, but not hooked up to the white one as the white one is analog 2, I got it hooked up to the green one which is analog 1...I had asked on the wiring before i started the hook up in this thread: and there its clarified either the white or green will work

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...roforce-fuel-pressure-kit-install-wiring.html

ripnesscobra

Established Member
I agree DSG, the reading you are getting is the saturation level of the sensor and I believe it must be occurring because you are powering the sensor with 12V, which is incorrect. You need to power the sensor with 5V as the instructions state.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I agree DSG, the reading you are getting is the saturation level of the sensor and I believe it must be occurring because you are powering the sensor with 12V, which is incorrect. You need to power the sensor with 5V as the instructions state.

+1 the sensor can only be powered by 5v, which you would have to make or buy separately from Aeroforce (bottom of page here).

Last edited:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Did you order the 5v power supply from Aeroforce?
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/5V_REG_CONNECTIONS.pdf
If not you will need it and you may of damaged your sensor connecting it to 12v. The fuse box is all 12v, there is no 5v source at fuse box!!!
You should be using the 5v regulated power supply to power your fuel pressure sensor. Not the analog inputs of the gauge.
The red wire of the 5v power supply goes to a always hot circuit at the fuse box. The green wire on it should power up your fuel pressure sensor which should be the red wire on the sensor. The black wire/wires of the 5v power supply should go to ground, preferably ECU ground on the passenger side of console.
The white wire on the sensor is the output and should go to one of your 2 analog inputs green or white on your Aeroforce gauge with the resistor in line. The black wire on the sensor goes to ground. you can run it up to the ECU ground location or use another source.
Let me know if you don't understand, or if you are still having problems.

Last edited:

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
Did you order the 5v power supply from Aeroforce?
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/5V_REG_CONNECTIONS.pdf
If not you will need it and you may of damaged your sensor connecting it to 12v. The fuse box is all 12v, there is no 5v source at fuse box!!!
You should be using the 5v regulated power supply to power your fuel pressure sensor. Not the analog inputs of the gauge.
The red wire of the 5v power supply goes to a always hot circuit at the fuse box. The green wire on it should power up your fuel pressure sensor which should be the red wire on the sensor. The black wire/wires of the 5v power supply should go to ground, preferably ECU ground on the passenger side of console.
The white wire on the sensor is the output and should go to one of your 2 analog inputs green or white on your Aeroforce gauge with the resistor in line. The black wire on the sensor goes to ground. you can run it up to the ECU ground location or use another source.
Let me know if you don't understand, or if you are still having problems.

yes i do have that it came with the sensor kit when i bought it from Aerforce however the one in that picture has 2 grounds and the one i have has only one!!! could that be the issue??? here is what i have and how i connected it:

IMAG0087_zpscc2f0539.jpg

Last edited:

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Some only have 1 black wire which is okay. In your drawing you are showing the 2 black wires from sensor and 5v power supply connecting together? They need to be connected to ground on vehicle, ECU ground, or other location. Everything else looks right.
I noticed you must have the 300psi sensor kit because the output wire is blue, instead of white like on the 150psi fuel/oil pressure sensor kit.

Is it okay to use the 300psi for fuel pressure?

Did you hook everything up right the first time?

If not you may of damaged something?

I am just trying to think what may be wrong but make sure the blacks are grounded if you didn't do it. Let me know what you find. Alan

cobracide

Established Member
Did you use the resistor or not?

When using the resistor, number to enter for slope is 37.9, and –18.8 (negative 18.8) for intercept. The
negative “-“ sign needs to be entered in the first position on the left, so it will look like
“-18.8” after you enter this number. If you’re not using the resistor and do not plan on
unplugging the gauge from the OBD2 port with sensor connected, the slope is 37.5, and
intercept is -18.8

nxs450

Kanas SVT Poster
Established Member
Did you use the resistor or not?

When using the resistor, number to enter for slope is 37.9, and –18.8 (negative 18.8) for intercept. The
negative “-“ sign needs to be entered in the first position on the left, so it will look like
“-18.8” after you enter this number. If you’re not using the resistor and do not plan on
unplugging the gauge from the OBD2 port with sensor connected, the slope is 37.5, and
intercept is -18.8

His wire harness to the pressure sensor has a blue wire which would indicate it is the 300psi sensor kit. The values are different for it. Slope 73.22 and intercept -36.3 with resistor.
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/Aeroforce_12v_300_psig_pressure_sensor_kit_instructions.pdf

Lobo_Loco

La Mera Vena
Established Member
His wire harness to the pressure sensor has a blue wire which would indicate it is the 300psi sensor kit. The values are different for it. Slope 73.22 and intercept -36.3 with resistor.
http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/Aeroforce_12v_300_psig_pressure_sensor_kit_instructions.pdf

hell yea definitely a good catch....i would of never seen that unless you had pointed it out...because when the box looks like this:
IMAG0164_zps467c5a08.gif

what else can i say... and when the instructions that came with the sensor said to enter for slope and intercept for 150psi

so after reading and re-reading.....i did a double check and i swapped my ground wires to another ground and then i used the other slope and intercept parameters....and bamm it worked :banana: :rockon::dancenana:

so thanks for the help....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread