Problem with the 13 gt

1o1proof

Established Member
Hey,

I searched but didn't really find an answer, maybe someone can help. If its there sorry in advance I tried.

Car is a 13 m6 and is stock other than axle back. Went to car wash and found myself talking to a guy with a SS, next thing ya know he asked if I wanted to run them. Well, I did so off we went. We went from a stop and he had me by a fender thru 1st and 2nd. Here is where the problem started, I shift to third and the car just falls flat, lined up again with same results. If its the traction control, why isn't it killing me off the line rather than when I'm up to speed?

Afterwards I tried it again by myself and the car went thru 3rd fine but died out when I shifted into 4th. This time I did notice what appeared to be the traction control light flashing. I'm not spinning in 4th or 3rd for that matter so what gives?

Maybe I should stick to my 95, at least I understand that car. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

jdcobra

Established Member
Try it without trac control on and report back with results

five0three

big deal
Established Member
so you went from a dig with the traction control on? whoops lol. try it in sport mode (stopped, foot on the brake, push the traction control button 2 times), or full off (stop, foot on the brake, hold the button until it turns off approx 7 seconds)

Dizzyscure1

Established Member
LOL! x2 ;) Yeah just turn traction control off so it never interrupts you while playing.

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
Put your foot on the brake and hold it there, then press and hold the traction controll button untill you see the advanced trac off message. Now go and smoke that camaro :D

KWClutch

Steve McQueen
Established Member
What all they said. Even the bucking of the car inbetween shifts can cause advancetrac to kick in. You have to turn it all the way off.

...and make sure you aren't hitting 5th... lol

1o1proof

Established Member
Yep, tried it twice with advancetrac off and worked fine. Still find it odd that it lets me spin out of the hole and kicked in during the later gears. Dumb move on my part, now I know better. Thanks for the heads up, I appreciate it.

As far as the tune goes, I plan on leaving this one mostly stock until the 15s come out. If I like them ill be trading it off.

Thanks again everyone.

Sly Fox

Established Member
Cutting the T/C off is the first thing I do when I get in my car

This^^. While I let my car get to operating temp I turn the advanctrac completely off. You never know when opportunity will be in the next lane.

bryantaylor

Established Member
Yep, tried it twice with advancetrac off and worked fine. Still find it odd that it lets me spin out of the hole and kicked in during the later gears.
lol, yep. on mine i can kick out the rear with it on in 1st, but if i leave it on and drop in into 2nd and punch it, its like someone just turned the car off.

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
Good info. I'm sure there are a lot of people that need to be educated about this.... Imagine how many races have been lost because of Advancetrac :nonono: LOL

Users who are viewing this thread