Problem with power liftgate on '15 Ford Edge

daustin

Established Member
We are having problems with our power liftgate. Sometimes it won't open, close or anything. Makes for a real pain when we have a full cargo area full of stuff and cant get the tail gate open. Anyone have similar issues??

https://youtu.be/dUEdvKxTxzc

For some reason the video embeds on Tapatalk but not on svt website. Please click link to watch if it's not embedded.

Thanks,

Dave

Last edited:

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Have you taken it to the dealer yet? I'd check the surroundings to make sure the sensors aren't being obstructed. Other than that, no idea.

Your video:
[youtube_browser]dUEdvKxTxzc[/youtube_browser]

daustin

Established Member
No dealer yet. This was just last night. I'm going to look for the sensors and see if I can see anything. If not, then off to the dealer it goes. This power lift gate has had issues since the car had 15 miles on it. Some same as this, others being the dash display saying its ajar even though it's not. I'm just gonna take it in I think but it's intermittent so you know how that goes. Haha

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
We have had a few come in like that. We replaced the lifting arm and the control module and all was fixed. Could have probably gotten away with just the module, but the Tech Hotline said to start with the lifting arm.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I could be wrong but it looks like the latch was in the locked position? Either way it's under warranty bring it to the dealer.

daustin

Established Member
We have had a few come in like that. We replaced the lifting arm and the control module and all was fixed. Could have probably gotten away with just the module, but the Tech Hotline said to start with the lifting arm.

Will they watch the video and go from there or will they send me on my way if they can't reproduce the problem? Like I said, it's intermittent.

Thanks for your advice!

Users who are viewing this thread